Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Trying to figure whats wrong  (Read 791 times)

Offline redspyder

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Trying to figure whats wrong
« on: January 05, 2006, 02:36:02 AM »
About 2 and a half years ago my job required me to run a lot on un level dirt roads to stay in shape, by about 1 and 1/2 months in to the running I began to have knee pain my knee began to lock every time I would swing it back to take a step, and it would hurt a lot. I bought a knee brace and it didn't help.  So it was a summer job and when I quit running and let my knee rest it quit hurting then I was in a jiu jitsu tournament and had my same leg (my left leg) twisted from my ankle but the pain was slight in my knee this was about 2 years ago.  Now I don't have constant pain in my knee but when I walk uphill or upstairs, or if I sit down and plant my left foot and flex my knee it will hurt on the left rear part of my knee.  I went to the doctor and they decided to take xrays to see if I broke a bone, of course no broken bones. I know that it is something else. Any help on figuring out the problem and possible treatment would be great.  javascript:void(0);
Undecided

Offline SPK

• Forum Faithful
    • http://www.sharks.com.au
Re: Trying to figure whats wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 11:05:54 AM »
It sounds to me like a possible meniscal tear. Talk to your doctors about it and ask them for a referral to see an Orthopaedic Surgeon and have him check it out.
May 05 - Injury playing Rugby League; Torn Lateral Meniscus, High Grade partial tear to ACL
August 05 - Partial Lateral Meniscectomy
ACL Reconstruction - November 28th 2006

"I don't know how to put this but... I'm kind of a big deal."

cholt

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 01:14:07 PM »
Hi, I'm no Dr. but have had many problems.  You might check out info on ITBS.  It hurts on the outside or lateral side of knee.  It hurts at about the 30 degree point when flexing with wieght on me.  It usually appears with runners.  It should take about the time to get warmed up before it starts hurting.  Calms down when not doing things like going uphills and down, running etc.  I have had 3 cortisone shots now, and it seems to be getting better.  You really need to see an OS that specializes in knees!  A must!  They can usually do tests in the office by manual manipulation that will tell them if you have this or a meniscus tear.  Lateral meniscus injuries are more rare than medial, but can occur.  My PT diagnosed me immediately when seeing when I hurt and where. 

I also have had a medial meniscus tear and it caused me to lock up and hurt tremendously.  My OS diagnosed this my manual manipulation in office after the MRI was negative.  He was right when he went in and found it. 

Good Luck,

CIndy

Offline redspyder

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 11:49:28 PM »
thanks