Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I'm a newbie here  (Read 718 times)

Offline CMSNYC

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I'm a newbie here
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
Hello everyone.

I'm so glad I found this website.  I just wish I had known about it for my lateral release on my right knee last year.

I just found out last month that I will be needing the Fulkerson procedure on my left knee.  My OS said that there was no rush in making a decision as to when to have it done and I'm supposed to call him after the holidays to make an appointment with him to talk things over. 

He told me to do some research in the meantime about the procedure, but to be honest with you, even on this website, I feel a bit overwhelmed.

Can someone possibly point me in the right direction?  I've been reading about braces, drains, screws (?? my doctor didn't mention anything about this!).  Some people are saying it's an overnight hospital stay, my doctor said 3-5 nights.

Like I said, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed reading through this site and would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.
Former runner
LR Oct. 2004
Fulkerson's TBA in 2006

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: I'm a newbie here
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:46:10 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the site. 

Here is a good site for info on the fulkerson procedure.   You can also go to the Rehab Dept and check out the Post-op diary section and you will see alot of diaries about TTT surgeries - those stories should also help you out....

http://www.kneehippain.com/patient/pain/surgery.html

Good luck.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline CMSNYC

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: I'm a newbie here
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 07:33:08 PM »
Thank you Shade!

I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of late-night and weekend reading to get myself familiar with the situation before my surgery!
Former runner
LR Oct. 2004
Fulkerson's TBA in 2006

support