Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: another bad report  (Read 810 times)

Offline Teamo

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
another bad report
« on: December 25, 2005, 01:40:11 AM »
Hi All

Well I am now 9 months post op TKR. If you look at the past post of mine you will see I have had such a good three years.
6 scopes, HTO (failed), Menscus transplant (never completed), TKR March this year, Manipulation in June. AND Guess what? The Knee replacement is now loose and has to be replaced. I am only 47 years old now. :(
Is there any one out there that has had a revision? I would like to know what I am in for. What is the pain level compared to the first level? How long is the surgery?
What causes the knee to loosen in nine months?
Is there any one out there that has had their knee loosen in that short of a time?
Just found out the results to the bone scan yesterday, this is not the present I was looking for this year. But I guess if it makes it better I should be happy.

Hope all a wonderful evening ;D
Tim

L knee injury 6/02
5 Scopes  3 Partial medial meniscectomy, 2 Diagnostic
High tibial osteotomy, Aborted medial meniscal transplantation 8 hrr surgery 3/2004
Total knee replacement 3/05
MUA & Debridement 6/05
Bone scan 11/50 Implant lose
2/27 date for revision

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: another bad report
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
Sorry youíre having problems. If you go the arthritis section below and check out then TKR board there is a thread   TKR - March 2005 - Let's keep in touch there are people ther who have had TKRís over the last year or so keeping in touch.  You will find a lot of support there and find others that have had complications.  Please join us.  Click on this link to go directly there: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=37.0

Your results are not normal, but unfortunately do happen,  Sounds like you will need a revision,  find an OS that specialized in knee replacements.  These OSís will have much more experience and expertise.  Since Iím also young I was worried about revision and needing more than 1; my OS said that the week before I asked that question he did the 5th revision on someone. Wishing you the best.

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85†
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR† Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

support