Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Meniscocapsular seperation and subchondral cyst. Significant???  (Read 1251 times)

Offline feefofum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Meniscocapsular seperation and subchondral cyst. Significant???
« on: December 21, 2005, 12:21:36 PM »
I'm spending way too much time on this board recently but thanks everyone for all the top class info and stories.

I have a 2 week old injury,  grade III MCL Rupture and a Grade II ACL sprain. I'm now an expert on re-hab excercises and doing really well. However my MRI report also mentioned complete medial meniscocapsular seperation (but intact meniscus) and a subchrondral cyst anteriorly and laterally to ACL insertion into tibia.

I've tried searching the net, but am confused as to the significance of the last two injuries.
1.Is a meniscocapsular seperation the same as a tear?
2.How will for it to heal?
3.Will there be scar tissue/parts of it that may cause my knee to lock in future?
4.Will it require surgery?
5.What exactly has happened, what's come away from what?? (I'm hoping I strengthen my knee enough to avoid surgery on the ACL, but won't know until 6 weeks down the line).

6.Also what exactly is a subchrondral cyst?
7.Is it an incidental finding/anatomical variation or a result of the injury? (Direct force to medial aspect of tibia as horse fell on leg).
8.Does it need treatment?
9.Will it go away or need intervention?

Many thanks for any advice. I'm not due to see my OS for another 6 weeks and would like to have a bit more knowledge before I see him.

Good luck everyone out there with dodgy knees, Happy Christmas and Stay positive!

Fee

support