Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 14 and i cant take it no more  (Read 22085 times)

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • not the bee's knees
Re: 14 and i cant take it no more
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »
Harley,

Nettan is right. I think you should call your doctor's office and tell them what happened. Maybe he can use his influence to get you in sooner.

Good luck!

Nancy
OA both knees, confined to patella. Arthroscopy 1998, cortisone both knees,  Halygan shots both knees. Had PFR 3/28/05. Recovery on schedule according to OS but lots of pain radiating up thigh and to lower back.

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 09:26:46 AM »
Well There not much point with the national health theres always gonna be a long weight. ive got me physio starting monday WOO Lol so hopfally that will help because my other leg is starting to get painfal cause of using crutches and ive got artharitus in my hands
1 chondroplasty to left knee
1 arthscopy to left knee
i felt a little fear apon my back i said dont look back.. just keep on walking

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
Hayley,

I hope the physio makes a big difference for you. Being on crutches messes up your body balance and causes other parts to rebel. So the exercises and maybe some massage should help.

Did anyone tell you you have arthritis in your hands? At your age that would be highly unusual. It may just be that your hands are hurting from using the crutches.

Sending you hugs,

Nancy
OA both knees, confined to patella. Arthroscopy 1998, cortisone both knees,  Halygan shots both knees. Had PFR 3/28/05. Recovery on schedule according to OS but lots of pain radiating up thigh and to lower back.

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »
well my dad said it looks like i have it.. got my phsyo monday and go back to school next tuesday in my wheelchair  :-\
1 arthscopy to left knee

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »
Oh, Harley Dear,

I know this is a very hard time for you. Try to keep heart and stick with the treatments and the physio, etc.  There are new treatments coming and others already out there to help you. It will take some time and patience for them to find the right ones for you. 

You are in our hearts here at Kneegeeks. And whenever you feel llike letting off some steam, please do it. Everyone here understands.

Sending you hugs and all my best wishes.

Nancy

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2006, 07:47:43 AM »
Hayley !!

You are way too young to have to deal with all this. But girl don't give up there's always ways to deal with problems and as Nancy says new treatments coming up.We are here for you always.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline smeagol

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2006, 04:11:53 PM »
Hi
Keep at it, I hope the physio helps.  I had something different to you, but it started when I was about 9 or 10, and was diagnosed when I was 12ish Im 19 now).  Its not something theyve been able to do much about but ive found a doctor whos trying.  I saw my last doctor because it still hurt and he just said that the pain and the locking (sometimes i cant move mine, sometimes i can, but when it locks i cant straighten it) couldnt be real because he couldnt see anything!  at least they're trying.  Just keep at it and you'll get there in the end.  I dont know how youve been managing on crutches, I cant even make it to the end of the road on crutches, it hurts and i have no balance so i fall over a lot too, lol.  To get through when it was bad at school I used to think of all the things i was going to do, like when i could go to uni and get a degree and how all my friends would be jelous.  It helped to think of the good things I could still do, like being cleverer than my friends, and despite the doctor recommending it I never gave up horse riding, so I would (and still do) take painkillers and carefully ride my pony.  Its awful not being able to do things especially when your young and want to be out there enjoying life.  Its not fair.  Wish you the best of luck with your knee, keep at it, your doing great. 
Charlotte
About 10 years of pain, 3 arthroscopys, and still no help with my condition or my current problem.  And I'm only 20!

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2006, 06:06:54 PM »
I find it hard on crutches im ok with the balance but the pain. i walked to my sisters house today with them its only up the road but the pain is unbarable. hopfally the phyio will help so i can get bak to normal :)
1 arthscopy to left knee

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2006, 08:40:23 PM »
Hayley,

Good going girl! You are very brave and admirable. As Charlotte says, focus on the good stuff along with your fighting spirit.

Did you ever get a cortisone shot? That helps a lot with pain and inflammation. You can't have too many in the same place, but it sounds like you could benefit from it now.

Hugs,

Nancy

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2006, 06:00:33 PM »
Hey guys sorry ive not replied didnt know what to say.. I went back to school today. Re-lised it was the idea of skl i wanted to get back to not the reality. Im doing my physio gonna use one of them pools. Hopfally that will help gonna have scan on the 3rd Hayley x
1 arthscopy to left knee

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »
Hi Hayley,

Good luck and let us know what the scan says. I'm thinking of you.

Hugs, Nancy

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »
I had my MRI yesterday gotta wait for results. Back at skl and in loads of pain and tired quite alot but
I cant do nothing aabout that xhayley
1 arthscopy to left knee

Offline hopalongcasualty

• Forum Faithful
  • Today is a gift.That's why it's called the present
    • Left knee surgery
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2006, 09:46:53 AM »
We look forward to the results. 
R Knee
83-LCL,ACL&Medial Meniscus tear
86-Debridment
87-TTT Houser Manuver
89-TTT Maquet Procedure*
92-Meniscus Tear
04-Supartz Injections
05-Contusion
L Knee
05-tibia & patella dislocation w/MCL tear & large lateral condyle defect
2-15-06 Lateral condyle osteochondral Allograft ::)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2006, 10:10:02 AM »
Hayley, thinking of you and hope for a good outcome of the Mri. It's good though that you can attend to school and get something else to think about.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »
Hayley,

I'm sending you all my best vibes, hoping that the MRI will show something that can be fixed.

Hugs, Nancy

support