Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 14 and i cant take it no more  (Read 19988 times)

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
14 and i cant take it no more
« on: December 17, 2005, 10:10:25 PM »
i hve a chipped kneecap and had alot of differnt problems but now i cant hardly walk i cant bend my leg my back my arms and my soulders are going i need help please read on the genral one how much more can i take for full story please help
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 08:40:01 PM by Hayleytoots14 »
1 chondroplasty to left knee
1 arthscopy to left knee
i felt a little fear apon my back i said dont look back.. just keep on walking

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 14 and i cant take it no more
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 11:28:26 AM »
I will look and read your whole story. Just want to say to you, never give up, as long as there's hope there's always a way back.
HUGS TO YOU !!

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Helen_ uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Mostly falling apart today
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 06:24:21 PM »
Hang in there little one we are all here for you and can help you get thro this
H xxx
Facing my  66 th operation. Psoratic arthritis hyper mobile joints.Permanantly disabled but mobile thanks to skill and patience of a lovely surgeon.Married with two daughters.Had unstable and shallow joints had tiny knee caps now removed. constant battle to stay mobile using crutches or wheelchair.

Offline feefofum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »
Allow yourself a day of feeling like this and wake up tommorw with a new thought in your head... that pain isn't going to win, it may slow you down but ultimately you're in charge and you control what you can and can't do, Not your pain!

Every single piece of research out there shows that people who have a positive attitude get over injuries quicker than those who wallow in self pity (No I'm not accussing you of self pity). It is hard to remain positive sometimes, but overall it's something you can take control of!

If you're finding things hard then remember someone somewhere is always worse off than you! Spend Christmas day volunteering at a homeless shelter, Read up on the appalling poverty and torture that goes on in the world. Beleiove me a million + people would swop places with you right now!!

Sorry if I sound harsh, not meaning to be unsympathetic at all, rather hoping I could cajole you into taking control and putting a smile on your face. Remember emotions follow behaviour not the other way round, Put a smile on your face and trell yourself you can do it!!

Good luck

Offline Kayls23

• Regular Poster
  • Silly knees!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:28:01 AM »
Keep your chin up :). I know it sucks, but that’s the way it goes. I've had times like these too, being only 15 myself when I underwent major surgery. I too have wondered what the point was, when would it ever end? I walk with a limp that people at my school comment on and it makes me so humiliated that I want to run away (except that I can’t physically), hide and cry about how unfair it all is. Yeah I’ve dwelled in self-pity like you are now, and who on these boards can say that they’ve never? But the point is, just keep your head up, this is the life you’ve been given, you’re not going to get another one unfortunately…

Talk to your family, your friends about how you feel… remember it’ll get better eventually! Things always get worse before they get better!

Hugs,
Kayleigh  :)
Femoral lateral wedge osteotomy in March 05, to correct Valgus Deformity.

Offline hopalongcasualty

• Forum Faithful
  • Today is a gift.That's why it's called the present
    • Left knee surgery
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 01:15:08 AM »
Young one, Be thankful... 

So tell us what is up with your back and shoulders.  Are the crutches chafing your under arms?  Is your back (muscle) sore from walking on the crutches. 

Describe the symptoms and there will be dozens of people on this page who can provide you with guidance that can alleviate the symptoms. 

Now if you are here to vent, this is a good place to do that as well. 

Nettan has a wealth of experience and is my personal insiration. 

Hang in there young one I know it sucks, I had numerous knee sprains/strains before I was 14.  When I was 14, I slipped on ice and tore my ACL, LCL and lateral meniscus.  I was on crutches for a long time for that one.  My only advice is do your PT rehab, keep your quads strong as you can it could prevent future injuries; but as the Tim McGraw song says "Can't tell me nothin".

Hopalongcasualty
R Knee
83-LCL,ACL&Medial Meniscus tear
86-Debridment
87-TTT Houser Manuver
89-TTT Maquet Procedure*
92-Meniscus Tear
04-Supartz Injections
05-Contusion
L Knee
05-tibia & patella dislocation w/MCL tear & large lateral condyle defect
2-15-06 Lateral condyle osteochondral Allograft ::)

Offline annonymus85

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 10:34:19 PM »
I know how you feel!  I was only 15 when I hurt my knee.  I was forced to quit from the active lifestyle I loved and into a world that I hated.  I was on crutches for only 2 weeks as all the doctors told me it was a "partial" tear of my ACL and I would be back playing soccer in 6 weeks.  I wish it had been like that..but unfortunatley life throws some unexpected things at you and almost 21 months later I am still dealing with the problem.  I had two ligament reconstructions for LCL and ACL in july 2005.  I spent my summer 6 weeks non-weight bearing (on crutches) and the next 3 weeks learning how to walk and gain the strength I needed to walk. 
   I felt very beat up.  My whole body hurt, I was physically exsausted just from doing my exercises..and mentally from the fact that my knee didnt seem to improve.  I knew all my friends were having fun in summer while I was stuck at home doing nothing.  In September it seemed things were finally getting together.  I started to feel that things were returning back to normal until my leg stopped improving.  My OS said it seemed to be getting worse.  My ROM was only at 100 degrees after 5 months and I was walking worse. I had been with a limp for 5 months but recently everyone told me I was walking worse now then at the begging.  So I had an Arthroscopy/Manipulation in Dec 13 2005 and have 0-130 degrees.  Everything seems to be on the right track.
   It has been very hard, i always asked myself why it had to happen to me.  Why couldn't it just be a small injury or out of all the people why me?  I used to look at everyone else around me and ask myself why things couldnt be the way they used to be.  But now I have learned that thats the way life is.  You just have to keep going and struggling...even if its the last thing you want to do.  Each day is a new experience and I say make the best out of it.  I was very upset during my summer always negative and now i realized if i would have smiled..it wouldnt of been so bad.  Things always get better...even if when you feel they wont..they always do :)
Torn ACL April 2004
ACL/LCL reconstruction - July 2005
Arthroscopy/Manipulation - Dec 2005
17 years old

Offline hopalongcasualty

• Forum Faithful
    • Left knee surgery
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 10:53:08 PM »
Actually I knind of remember how you must feel, I was in a cast from hip to ankle the summer between my Jr and Sr year of HS.  All of my friends were off having fun in the sun.  Then in the winter of the Sr. year there was a Sr. Ski Trip, I did not go no way, ice/snow and a questionable (still atrophied) leg.  At the time it really sucked, but, I had forgotten about it.  Now it seems silly to have been so hacked at the time. 

Over the years I have learned to ask myself a simple question when something is getting me down: "will this matter in 100 years?" if the answer is no then suck-it-up and move on to make the best of the situation.  Well even id the answer was yes you still do the same thing suck-it-up and meake the best of the situation. 

It is all too easy to get in the self-pitty-party mindset.  After all we "only" have bad knees and are otherwise healthy individuals.  It is so hard to keep perspective, I know.  This is a great place to vent and I encourage you to continue to post on the site.  you will receive both encouragement and occasionally a swift kick in the pants to remind you that "it is not all about you".

it is all about ME  ;D ha ha .

Happy New Year

Hopalong. 
R Knee
86-Debridment
87-TTT Houser Manuver
89-TTT Maquet Procedure*
92-Meniscus Tear
04-Supartz Injections
05-Contusion
L Knee

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 05:47:53 PM »
Hi Toots,

One good thing in your favor is your youth. Your body has the capacity to heal much faster than if you were older. Just stick with the PT and the whole regime.

And you know what? It's ok to blow off steam here and even whine. We all do it. I know this totally sucks for you right now! And nobody blames you for feeling ripped off. We are here to support you.

Hugs, Nancy
OA both knees, confined to patella. Arthroscopy 1998, cortisone both knees,  Halygan shots both knees. Had PFR 3/28/05. Recovery on schedule according to OS but lots of pain radiating up thigh and to lower back.

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »
HI there
I totally know it sucks to only be 14 and have crappy knees, I was 12 when I first tore mine apart. But you have to remember that everything happens for a reason and its not like you're not going to get better one day. Like Nancy said too, because we are young our bodies naturally heal alot quicker and the oldies ::)
krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline hopalongcasualty

• Forum Faithful
    • Left knee surgery
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 04:59:36 AM »
Smiley196 is right; you whipersnappers do heal alot faster than us old fogies over 35.  She just don't need to rub it in. LOL

Hopalongcasualty
R Knee
86-Debridment
87-TTT Houser Manuver
89-TTT Maquet Procedure*
92-Meniscus Tear
04-Supartz Injections
05-Contusion
L Knee

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »
Hey thankz for your posts i had my knee op.. leg still the same  :'( it just wont bend im soo confused
1 arthscopy to left knee

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »
Hi Toots,

You need to sit down with your OS, including your parents, and get him to tell you what is going on and what you can expect.

It may be too soon after your surgery to see the results. Good luck. Let us know.

All the best, Nancy
OA both knees, confined to patella. Arthroscopy 1998, cortisone both knees,  Halygan shots both knees. Had PFR 3/28/05. Recovery on schedule according to OS but lots of pain radiating up thigh and to lower back.

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »
im going to see her friday with my mum... i hope your rite in some ways but i also wished it would hurry up Lol... The os said i should be back to school in 2 weeks ive been off for 4... i just wont seem to mend i cant bend it it goes a tiny way then its stuck.. so confusing  ??? :(
1 arthscopy to left knee

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »
Wish I could say something to cheer you up and make you feel better.Hang in there. It's soon friday and you will get the answers.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.