Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post-op Update  (Read 1326 times)

Offline kicking&screaming

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post-op Update
« on: December 17, 2005, 06:42:04 PM »
Hello!  I'm Luke's mom, and I thought I'd send you a quick update...you all have been so kind in responding to Luke's questions and encouraging him with his career decisions!  He had surgery again yesterday, and thankfully they only had to do a scope.  There was quite a bit of inflammation in his knee, and some loose bodies of scar tissue, as well as a loose cartilage flap.  The doc cleaned all that up and did a lateral release; he said his grafts all looked good, with quite a bit of good cartilage.  He said one donor site didn't look as good as he would have liked, but it was in a non-weight-bearing area, and he didn't think the benefit was worth the risk of another open incision and allograft.  He had some early arthritis, as well...not good at age 19!  But we're hoping that this will give him some relief, and he's looking forward to moving ahead with his life.  Thanks again to everyone for sharing your knowledge and experiences with him...we are all much better informed now than we were before we found this site!  Donna H.
June 04 Scope Debridement/pinning
March 05 Open OATS
Right Knee

Offline brattkids

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • here's to a pain free tomorrow!!! Savvy
Re: Post-op Update
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 08:44:47 PM »
Sure hope Luke is recovering well and is starting to feel better!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that recovery goes well!!

Paulette
4/04 microfracture
5/04 debris removal
8/04 OATS with synthetic plugs
11/04 OATS traditional autograft medial femoral chondyle
05/05 debris removal and OATS assessment
6/05 Cadaver Allograft OATS lateral femoral chondyle
9/05 OATS redone could not save allograft plug
12/2006 2007 and 2008 scop

support