Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: How much can i take?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
How much can i take?
« on: December 17, 2005, 06:23:10 PM »
i last did a post called chipped kneecap but since then everything in my helth gone down hill! my hands are in pain from using crutches , my back , my knee sore like when i 1st did it which was painfal. im only 14 i wanna be running a playing but im sitting in a chair watching trisha! lol . if ya havent read it read my post called chipped knee cap tell whole story. my mum says i look drained.  i was seaching on the internet maybe its Locked? Please somone help me!
1 chondroplasty to left knee
1 arthscopy to left knee
i felt a little fear apon my back i said dont look back.. just keep on walking

Offline Hayleytoots14

• Regular Poster
Re: How much can i take?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 06:24:20 PM »
i am 14 years old and about a year ago i was in pe and i went to sit down and i felt as if somthing poped in my knee. i found it difficalt to walk afterwards but ignored it just thinking it was just a strain. About 2 months later at a relatives i was playing with her dog and jump up and the same pain happend again.So my dad took me to the hospital and the man in the childrens ward said it was disloacted and arranged for me to see somone at a later date.So i went to this Appointment and the man there was a Foreign man and sisnt make a lot of sence so i just got on with it . My knee then used to jump around or felt like that poping sensation was coming again. As my knee slowy deteriated my dad decided to take me privet. The women there told me i had a chipped bone and that i would knee keyhole surgery. She also imformed me when i went to my local hospital the man i 1st saw should of put my kneecap back in for me. So i went to see this women about 2 weeks ago and found out about having operation and then i stared physio i was doing this for about 2 weeks when i was Sitting on my heels like nealing and i felt somthing snap and i havent been able to walk on my left leg since. it has been 3 weeks now and the pain is not as intence as when it first happen but i still cant bend my leg or walk without crutches. ive have an opointment to see the privet doctor again Before christmas which made me so happy because i havent been out in 3 weeks. I noticed my foot feels pins and needley somtimes and the over day is swelled up about 2 time the normal side my mum and dad think this is because i havent been using it. Do you think i may have done somthing wore to my knee
                               This was chipped knecap post if ya couldnt find it
1 chondroplasty to left knee
1 arthscopy to left knee
i felt a little fear apon my back i said dont look back.. just keep on walking

Offline Jaci

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 10:48:24 PM »
Hello Hayley,

I'm so sorry you're having problems with your knee. A year is a long time to be dealing with it.

I wonder if the piece that chipped off your knee cap might have gotten stuck in the joint. That can happen if you have a loose body floating around in there and it would explain why you haven't been able to bend your knee or walk without crutches. Are you icing and elevating your knee? I know it's really boring and there are probably a hundred things you'd rather be doing, but it might help with some of the pain and swelling.

I'm sorry I don't have more ideas or suggestions for you. I hope the doctor can give you a better idea about what is going on with your knee and come up with a plan of how to deal with it.

Take care.

Jaci
10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 02:20:29 AM »
Agreed,
I know it's frustrating to be 14 and be having such problems, but you should definately be doing the RICE protocol with your knee...
R is for Rest
I is for Ice
C is for Compression.. you can probably skip this part
and
E is for elevation.. above the heart if at all possible

You really should take it easy on your knees.. kneeling is not a good plan as you've now discovered... your kneecap is in an awkward position and when you kneel you are putting weight on that kneecap that is in an awkward position. 

I hope you get some help with this, you need to get that kneecap more stable and take it easy.
For now, try to rest it and take it easy even if it starts to get better, until you see some one about it.
Hang in there.. I know it's hard

Hugs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline BMW

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »
When I sprained my MCL and tore my meniscus, my foot also swelled up pretty good.  I didn't have any tingling sensation but is was definitely swollen.  I thought that a swelling foot was odd but the doctor thought nothing of it.  9 weeks after surgery it is now longer swollen, and hasn't been since soon after the surgery.  Good luck with your recovery.  Everyone here feels your pain. 

Offline lu.the.roo

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • *wooHoo! My knEes All fiXeD!* (I think!)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 12:12:12 PM »
hi, my names lucy im from australia and im also 14
i was having frequent dislocations in my right knee and tried everything from physio to meditation to stop the pain and it didnt change anything.
i went to a OS (orthapedic surgeon) who said i had miserable malilignment this meant my knees were not properly in line with my pattela and this was alos causing my dislocations.
i had ttt surgery on the 16th december this year to fix it and it seams ok with not much pain.
my best advise would be to go to a orthapedic surgeon. they know their stuff and will be able to help you out.
keep positive im not joking it really truly does help, i was considering not having the surgery with all of the negative stuff about it from some people but i was really positive and mine was a breeze.
keep up pain medication, ice and try to keep off your knee if that at all posible.
feel free to ask anything to everyone on here they are so helpful and nice.
good luck hope this helps,
lucy
* lucy 14, western australia
* miserable malalignment both knees
* TTT and LR on right knee 16/12/05
* my mantra: physio + shopping + chocolate = :D