Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: cold sweats anyone  (Read 861 times)

Offline bobr

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
cold sweats anyone
« on: December 17, 2005, 06:11:35 PM »
hi

i had my 2nd acl reconstruction, allograft 2.5 weeks ago. the first week was pretty tough and i had an extremely high sed rate along with fevers. in fear on an infection my dr decided to cut me open again last friday and flush my knee with 12 bags of saline. luckily there was no infection. however since the last surgery my body temp is between 97.5 - 98.2 and everynight i go through a few t shirts with cold sweats. has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks for any input

bob

Offline jkg12175

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: cold sweats anyone
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 11:18:05 PM »
When I had my ACL surgery YEARS ago they told me to watch for anything of the sort.  It could be your body adjusting to the "invasion" or your body telling you that something isnt right.  Since you doctor went back in to do a cleaning of sorts, I would more than likely call him and let him know what is going on.  Do you have an allergy to pain medicine that would be causing this?  I know that for me if I take anything, I start to feel shaky and VERY itchy.  It is a good sign that you dont have a fever, but to be on the safe side, I would call and ask him.  Sorry I couldnt be more of a help!

Good luck, Jackie

Offline Yann

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: cold sweats anyone
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 10:48:55 PM »
hi,
i had internal fixation done for a tibial plateau fracture in september this year, and afterwards my temperature was constantly spiking.  I also had the knee flushed but the docs said they couldn't find any bugs.   I stayed in hospital for a further three weeks on oral antibiotics, and then discharged home without any anti biotics as the nights sweats  and temperature spikes stopped. The night sweats soon came back though and two and a half weeks later I got readmitted as one of the incision sites was infected with stapholiccoci aureus, which meant a long stay in hospital and IV anti- biotics!   My advice is keep hassling your doctor to keep an eye on you - the sooner any possible infection can be nipped in the bud the better!
good luck - keep your doc informed!