Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Had my first injection...  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Had my first injection...
« on: December 11, 2005, 03:32:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

Sorry it took so long for me to post this update but as usual, it's been a busy week. Anyway, I had my first orthovisc injection on Monday and the injection itself actually wasn't that bad. However as is typical with my knee, nothing can ever go as it's supposed to. The doctor told me that it wasn't going to hurt afterwards, well he was QUITE wrong! I was in so much pain for 2 days afterwards that I could barely walk. I had to go to work though but luckily I was in the same classroom for 2 days with a wonderful class(one of my favorites)and I pretty much spent both days perched on a desk in the front of the room while I was teaching. Now I'm just back to being in my usual amount of pain so I've had no relief from the orthovisc yet. He said that it might not help for 8-12 weeks though. The good news in all of this is that the OS who's doing the injections for me is really nice and really spent alot of time with me and I didn't feel rushed by him at all. And he's perfectly fine with the fact that I'm just going to him for the orthovisc and that my OS at HSS is the one who's really treating my knee. I go back on Thursday for the second injection and I'm going to have to talk to him about how much pain the first one put me in because I really don't want to feel like that for another few days. I could barely weightbear on my leg. Anytime I would stand up and put any amount of weight on it, I would get really bad pain! I just really really hope that this works because this pain thing is getting really old!! In January it'll be 7 years of dealing with this knee and I just want it better already! I'll let you know how things go after the second injection.

(((Hugs)))

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Had my first injection...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:40:57 PM »
Sharon, maybe and hopefully this will ease the pain after a while. Maybe your knee still is very sensitive and there for the injection gave you this awful pain. I will cross fingers and toes for you that you will feel better this time.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Had my first injection...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:04:42 PM »
Sharon,

Hopefully you will receive benefits from the injections.  My OS told me that they work really well for some people and other's have no effect at all and they do not understand why.....

Good luck, keep us posted on your results....  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT