Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help! Surgery in 3 weeks  (Read 969 times)

Offline wimple

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Help! Surgery in 3 weeks
« on: December 06, 2005, 09:31:16 PM »
Hi there,
well, the saga of my knee is hopefully nearly over! Going in for another athroscopy on Jan 3rd fat pad is to be trimmed. Would be grateful for any advice from folk who've had this done, what is the recovery time like etc.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Help! Surgery in 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 04:24:57 PM »
Wimple, I have done that and recovery time weren't longer then meniscectomy. Of course everything depends on which shape the knee are in.
Hope everything goes well. IM me if you have more questions.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline wimple

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:27:01 PM »
Hi there, what is the recovery time for meniscectomy? Only had plica removed at last athroscopy. Had pre op appopintment yesterday have to go in overnight due to way I reacted to the anaesthetic last time. Apologies for questions, trying to plan 3 year old sons routine in advance!!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 06:09:32 AM »
Was on my feet same day. Used crutches for 3 days and walked normally in about 14 days.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline wimple

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 10:36:08 PM »
Hi, had surgery. They shaved the fat pad on both sides as apparently it had become caught up in the joint ( so I wasn't imagining the pain after all ::)
Now I'm doing physiotherapy again and things seem to be going well, though I do find knee feels very stiff and tight first thing in the morning and if I sit, any advice on how I can ease this?? Can't straighten it properly yet (op was on January 3rd) and have been told by physio not to even attempt 'locking' the knee back as overstretching could cause problems.  Apparently my angle when I bend it is 95 on the leg they operated on and 125 on the good leg, is that good?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »
Wimple, great that you had it done !! Don't worry too much about your ROM, you are on right way and let it takes the time it needs to.
Keep us updated please !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)

support