Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Going to start knee injections soon...  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Cindy Bailey

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Going to start knee injections soon...
« on: November 23, 2005, 07:56:45 PM »
I just spoke with someone in the OS office and I have been approved for the series of five injections to help with the pain from OA. I think they said it is Supartz, my pamphlet calls it Hyalgan(sodium hyaluronate). I am getting my hopes up that this will help the pain and stiffness of my right knee. I would appreciate some feedback if you have already been through this treatment. This is to buy me some time before I have either the OATS or PKR. Thanks in advance for your advice. ;)~~Cindy ;) :)

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Going to start knee injections soon...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:03:29 PM »
Cindy,

Hi, wishing you great luck with the Supartz injections.  I've started the NeoVisc injections and have had fantastic results so far. 

The injections that I'm taking you only need 3 but can take up to 5.  When I went for my first injection I was hobbling and using a cane - within a short period of time I was walking without a limp and no cane. Now, I can walk on soft surfaces and do recumbent biking without pain.   It is the best my knee has felt for three years.  Everyone is different though and the results vary... 

Hopefully you will have a great results with the Supartz, looking forward to hearing how it goes.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline Cindy Bailey

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »
Shade~
          Thanks for the quick reply. Glad that you have had such good results, that is amazing! I just did a little research on my own and found that these products are very similar.I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have continued pain free days. Way to go on that bike,...thinking of getting a recumbent one. Keep up the good work! :D~~Cindy ;) :)

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 08:22:38 PM »

Cindy,

Thanks, my OS really recommends recumbent biking (without tension) for me, & I've found that I can actually bike without pain.   Happy biking......  ~Shade

July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

support