Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Torn Medial Miniscus/Severe Arthritis  (Read 1296 times)

Offline lemsyd

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Torn Medial Miniscus/Severe Arthritis
« on: November 16, 2005, 04:02:14 PM »
New to the board. Hurt left knee mid July. The pain is so severe it has limited my activitiy.  Now causing lower back and left thigh problems. Had an Xray shows arthritis.Doc gave me topical creme. Nothing. Then took 15mg Meloxicam.  Nothing. Tried all the natural remedies internal and external.  Had MRI Nov.1 showed torn medial miniscus. Saw Ortho Surgeon yesterday.  Had another Xray. Said he wouldn't do Arthoscopy because the knee is stable.
Only solutions offered.
1. A knee brace to make me walk on the outer part of my foot to take the pain off the inside.
Cost $1500.
2. Injections of Orthovisc.
Said that I would need a knee replacement later in life.  Now 57.

Because the knee is sooo painful I just cannot believe that it is all about the arthritis. I have not been able to do anything in 4 months now.
Wouldn't getting the miniscus repaired at least be one option?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Torn Medial Miniscus/Severe Arthritis
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 04:48:51 PM »
If you have severe arthritis where in the knee is it ? A meniscus tear can be a trick to repair if you have arthritis but a meniscectomy to smooth the meniscus maybe can help.All depends on where the arthritis is and how the tear looks.
If you though feel unsure about what your doc have told you maybe a second opinion could be something.
I'm sorry that you have gotten this answer, but don't give up.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.