Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I did it, I have managed to deal with my crook right knee  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Heavy_Harry

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • When I stuff a knee up, I sometimes stuff it good
I did it, I have managed to deal with my crook right knee
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:07:36 AM »
Hi  People

I have finally done it, after several weeks on the medical "merry-go-round" I managed to get my right knee the proper support it needs. Although it cost a fair bit and chewed a hole into my pocket, I got the brace that suits my knee. It's the same model as the other one on my left knee.

The PT said to me that I gotta keep moving and keep my muscles strong or it could be more worse 10 yrs from now. I intend keep excerising [within limits] Now I wear two braces on my mussed up legs. But I intend to keep myself mentally healthy and phyically happy or better known as "phyically fit". Beside that I am happy that it's all over, the waits, the appointments and the hassle of catching public transport.

I am really tired now after been racing around all day to appoinments all day, but with me knees I am tried but happy with it ,so far...... Boy, I am bushed, I think I may be able to sleep better then I done for the past few months before this.  ;D

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: I did it, I have managed to deal with my crook right knee
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 06:35:05 AM »
Harry, good work of you. This with getting around meeting doc and trying to get what you need can be really exhausting. Try take it easy now and excercise those muscles the best you can simply ENJOY LIFE !!
HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Heavy_Harry

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • When I stuff a knee up, I sometimes stuff it good
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 09:33:31 AM »
Hello Netten

Yeah I slept all right.......It lovely to sleep without any worries at night. I really slept in this morning as I need it, did I ever! Now wearing my brace is alot more comfortable on the right leg although I got two diffrent sizes. One small and one large[for the one with the splint] size brace now I rock around the place with the braces on the legs.

It is one hardest issue for me to deal with when wearing braces of any sort, a] comfort and b] itching  as I was allergic to the neuropane [rubber sleeve]  it ment expensive braces. Ouch! hole in the wallets there!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:48:07 PM »
A factor we have together Harry as I'm also allergic to rubber.
It should be available cheaper things for peps with allergy too, but so are not facts, and i'm sorry for that.
I have a food allergy daughter too and a teenager eat a lot so it's expensive.
I'm though pleased that you have found good braces working.

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.