Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: spasms  (Read 845 times)

Offline dogwalker

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
spasms
« on: November 13, 2005, 11:51:16 PM »
Has anyone ever had them?  Ive had them so bad that I've had to go to er.  There they gave me injections of Diloted (sp?)  Nothing else seems to work.  I'm heavily medicated.
Betsy

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Limping, but walking!!!
Re: spasms
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:12:11 AM »
Hey there!
 I have had them since op. I take a muscle relaxer. The os gives it to me for that reason. It helps. My Os says the quads are starting to work and gain strength so it helps alot. You could just call the Os and explain and see if they can give you something for it and call it in for you, thats what I did until my appointment. They can last for hours and interfear with pt etc.  I hope this helps. :D
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline dogwalker

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:18:10 PM »
I've tried everything...the diloted injection just made knee spasms better temperarily.  My husband and I even tried sex cause I thought some exertion would help (interesting with one dead leg)  Anyway, dr. gave me Ativan to help the Soma.  Drugs, drugs, and more drugs.  Its getting alittle better though.  Feels good to look forward to future again.
Betsy

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 10:58:50 PM »
I do have alot of spasms im my quads, they dont sound quite as bad as yours, but i find putting heat on them helps alot.
krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

support