Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: cartiledge?  (Read 758 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pippypiplet

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Liked: 0
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »
just wondering if i have something wrong with my right knee cartiledge? the cartiledge that's on the inside of the knee.
have been having a problem with this for about a year but haven't seen anyone yet as it's not been as troublesome as it now is. so I get pain, stifness and pain of walking and weight bearing through the inside between the the thigh and the shin area. occassionally i get some locking but this is normally after i've been neeling on the floor.
also, generally it's quite stiff in the mornings after waking.
someone i know mentioned cartiledge, just wondering who is the best person who diagnoses this on here.

Offline blackbeltgirl

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 1372
  • Liked: 0
Re: cartiledge?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 01:09:33 PM »
You need to go see an orthopedist - preferably one who specializes in knees.  There are LOTS of things that could cause the symptoms you've described.  Only an orthopedist can diagnose you.  Most likely an orthopedist will order x-rays (standing and laying on the table), and do a physical exam of your knee.  Depending on what these show, he/she may also order an mri to confirm a diagnosis.

Good luck.
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline kittent1211

  • Forum Faithful
  • ****
  • *
  • Posts: 401
  • Liked: 1
Re: cartiledge?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:38:12 AM »
No one on this chat site is qualfied to diagnose your injury.  There are several injuries that produce simular symptoms and it takes a specialist to figure it out.  It does sound like a cartilage problem and if it is then cartilage generally does not / can not repair itself.  My knee started out just being sore occasionally then it went to being stiff most of them time and then it went to hurting when I walked on it.  Eventually it got to the point where I couldn't even put my shoes and socks on by myself and getting in and out of an automobile was extremely painful.  By the time I finally saw an OS I had worn the articular cartilage down to the bone and had worn a groove in the end of the bones from bone rubbing on bone.   These things generally don't go away on their own and can get worse and worse.  You should see a good orthopedic surgion as soon as possible.