Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: More damage......stupid knee  (Read 591 times)

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • Love me love my knees!
More damage......stupid knee
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »
Hey I've been away for awhile trying to sort out my stupid leg. Anyways, the OS said the brace could come off last week, but I would still need to wear it as my knee is very unstable.....Well being inpatient i took it off as soon as I was out the clinic door and it was ok....a little wobbly but ok. A couple of days later walking down the stairs my knee collapsed and gave way when I put weight on it, there was a horrible pop, a noise like the tearing of paper and a shearing pain inside my knee. I picked myself up, but couldn't put much weight back on it. It swollen up to the size of a melon, Asked the PT and he said it could be soft tissue damage and to plough on. Its now bigger and hurts (though this can be controlled with pain meds yum) Any idea anyone if I've done more damage?

M
xxx
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Shallow trochlear groove, Patella Alta & tight ITB dx '03
Right Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope 2004
Left Modified Galeazzi, LR  2005
Redo Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope and medial reefing 2007
Right redislocation 2014

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: More damage......stupid knee
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:22:03 AM »
I would try RICE.. Rest, Ice, Compression (ACE bandage), and Elevation.  Pain meds couldn't hurt either.  Ice it a lot.... 20 minutes on 40 minutes off as much as you can.  And see your OS if it's not improved in a week or so. 

Teresa