Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: L&I disability  (Read 2302 times)

Offline kneeandrathol

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
L&I disability
« on: November 10, 2005, 04:56:19 AM »
Greetings, I came across this site and I am in need of assistance.  I tore my Acl Mcl and Lcl October 04.  I had surgery on the acl and I am now considered "fixed and stable" by Washington State Labor and Industries.  I did not do too well with surgery and have not fully recovered. The L&I docs consider me at 7% disability.  My pt and I think I should be more like 15 -20% .
Anyway, did any of you have the same injury and what is your degree of disability after rehab and what did L&I rate your disability at after you were considered "fixed and stable".
thanks.
Kneeandrathol

Offline pwt13

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Ouch!
Re: L&I disability
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 04:15:19 PM »
Is L&I the same thing as worker's comp.?  If so get a lawyer!  I have been fighting my previous employer in court for almost 2 years now because of shoulder surgeries (all OTJ).  Right now I am upto 9% permanent partial and my lawyer wants more like 20%, and we are in the final stages now, but without the lawyer I would have probably taken the 3% they originally gave me a year ago and been happy.  So, obviously, I am glad I lawyered up!  BTW they usually get a 30% cut of whatever they get you, but you are not taxed on the reward and the lawyer's (assuming you get a good one) will always do better then you can on your own.

Good luck and keep us posted on what happens!
10/13/05-R.knee,medial meniscus repair(buckethandle tear)
Feb.04-R.shoulder,Torn labrum,torn rotator cuff,subacromial decompression,clavical resection
Feb.02-L.shoulder,Torn labrum,torn rotator cuff,sub-acromial decompression,clavical resection
Oct.00-L.Shoulder,Torn labrum,torn rotator cuff

Offline kneeandrathol

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 03:24:42 AM »
Yes L&I is the same as Workmans Comp.  Thanks for the advice.  I am really hoping to avoid a lawyer.  But if I have no choice.  Anyone familiar with the state of Washington knee injury assessment chart?

Offline pegleg78

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • slow and steady wins the race.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 06:31:56 PM »
I certainly would not do anything without talking to a lawyer. You can have a free consult and see what they say. It souunds like you had your ACL reconstructed, what about your LCL and MCL, are they okay, you are pretty close to the injury to know what the long term ramifications are. I would ask what all your options are before you signed anything.
99 ACL, med, lat men repair
00 Med menisectomy, lat men repair
01 med, lat meniscus transplant, ACL rev, LR
01 chrondroplasty, manip & debrid
02 med, lat partial menisectomy
03 Arthrotomy,  LOA, LR
05 chrondroplasty, lat men repair, shrink ACL
05  med menisectomy, chrondropla
05 med PKR

Offline kneeandrathol

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 01:23:26 AM »
my lcl and mcl scarred down ok. I still have pain any time I put all my weight on that leg and bend it.  and stairs suck.

Offline pwt13

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Ouch!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 03:02:02 AM »
I would get a consult ASAP, there are statutes of limitations on these things plus long lead times on the backside of them.  Like I said before mine has become a pissing match between my former employer (self insured fortune 500 company) and my lawyer.  Everytime we "win" a round they appeal and around we go!  At some the IC will stop all of the appeals and make a final decision but it is going on 2 years now.  I would check your states website as well for more information.  I know Ohio is www.ohiobwc.com so yours must be similar.  Plus, if you have your claim number you can see all of your info. online once you register.  It is a good way to stay informed even if you don't get a lawyer.

Finally, remember this, you have no idea what these injuries are going to evolve into down the road, make sure employer protects you financially now.
Feb.04-R.shoulder,Torn labrum,torn rotator cuff,subacromial decompression,clavical resection
Feb.02-L.shoulder,Torn labrum,torn rotator cuff,sub-acromial decompression,clavical resection

Offline kneeandrathol

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 03:23:42 AM »
thanks pwt.  i will see if i can find a site in my state. I just love how L&I cuts you a meesley check closes your claim and calls it good. ;D

Offline pwt13

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Ouch!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 03:02:44 PM »
Here is a link to Washington's website, http://www.lni.wa.gov/,  good luck and please keep us posted.