Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Portals?!?  (Read 690 times)

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Portals?!?
« on: November 10, 2005, 04:06:59 AM »
So far i've had three knee surgeries nothing really major...two for plica syndrome, and one for scar tissue removal...but nothing has really seemed to have helped. I'm recovering from the last one, on my left knee which was to remove scar tissue, i've been "recovering" since febuary...a lot longer than my os had expected. He seems to think that my portals are like a sign for what's going on inside my knee, and my portals are huge, and purple, especially compared to my right knee, which is still not really back to normal either. I guess i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything like this before...the scars relaying what's going on inside your knee, because right now that seems to be all my OS can come up with and i'm about ready to find someone else because he seems to be giving up on me and my situation. Thanks so much
                                                    Laura
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Portals?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 12:47:25 PM »
I've heard of it before.  I'm assuming you have been checked, double checked, and triple checked for infection.

When I had a bunion removed, once I was released from the lovely blue surgical boot, my podiatrist told me to watch the scar.  When it was thin and white the bone had knit back together, and I could go back to all activities however I wanted.  It pretty much worked, too.

Hope they figure out why your knee isn't healing, and get you back on track soon.
Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support