Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Just want to go away  (Read 2708 times)

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • GET R DONE!!!
Just want to go away
« on: November 09, 2005, 05:01:58 PM »
Do any of you get to the point of frustration that you just want to go away? I've been have those days lately and am getting bitter and cranky. At least I can admit it. I want to get all obsticals out of my way. I am living my life around exersize,apointments,work,teens,and crappy weather to top it all off! Sometimes I just want to say " I give up, just let me out of here! " Grrrr....I feel like just going for a long drive (not to my OS apt) and just keep going and going.Put everything behind me and just go....I am sure it is a phase but I have been feeling this for days now.....Thanks for listening

Rockette
knee injury April 04-Brace CII crutches
epidural/cpm hospital 1 week June 04 MUA
scope Jan 05
acl recon pcl repair July7.05
Epidural/CPM/catheter Oct 11.05 UGH!!! MUA 4 days paralized
Ext prob/waiting for scope 06

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Just want to go away
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 06:34:51 PM »
Rockette !!

You are sounding like I did some years ago and still do sometimes. It's like going around in a Squirrelwheel day in and day out, night in and night out.

Maybe something fun a eve out with friends, going to another town enjoying yourself over the day or having a party would be something you should do to break the routines and do something you normally don't do. Look if there are time, money or possibilities in doing something small just for yourself.
You need a break to manage go on fighting again.
Wish you the very best of luck  !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 06:36:50 PM by Nettan »
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Julia C.

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 06:36:35 PM »
I'm sorry you're feeling like you do. :(
Trouble is you can't put everything behind you and just go - unfortunately most of what you're trying to get away from would just come with you in one form or another.
Can you plan something that you'd enjoy? A treat? Could be something really quite simple, book the bathroom for a couple of hours just for you - music, candles, a glass of wine and nice products. Or something more extravagent - a meal out and a night in a hotel. Anything really that you can look forward to and that is special for you. Best wishes and I hope you're feeling better soon. :)
Julia
PS Just seen Nettan replied first saying similar things! :D
Sept 2005 - Benign tumour removed from right knee, diagnosed as localised pigmented villonodular synovitis.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »
Rockette,

Tomorrow will be a better day than today.....

Visit one of your good friends, have a large chocolate sundae, buy some wonderful fudge.  Do something for you.....

We all have these days where we'd like to scream at the top of our lungs, but even though it might feel good, it will not help.

Hang in there and remember we are all here.

Sending hugs your way,

Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 04:01:27 AM »
Rockette....Im sorry you are having a bad time. Just know you are not alone with these feelings. I have been going through the same thing....knees, kids, ex, asthma, finances....and it just all catches up to you. I just keep telling myself that I should be thankful for what I do have and that things could be so much worse. I have also been trying to do little things that I like to do...be it a shopping trip, bubble bath, phone call to an old friend....whatever. I know sometimes it seems like it just never ends, huh? Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Feel free to IM me at anytime to vent. And hang in there....

Hugs...DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • GET R DONE!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 04:17:41 PM »
Donna,Shade,Julia,Nettan....

Thanks for the encouraging notes and ideas. I went out to the gym last night and worked my entire butt off!!! I stayed for 2hrs and sweated like a hard running horse! I was drenched. I think I needed it. I had to get away from anything that bothered me. I still don't feel up to par! The workout helped but. We now have company of 4 staying here as of lastnight. Timming isn't the greatest because I don't think I am a very good host right now. A change in routine may be benificial? Perhaps....I don't know....I think I need more time...to myself. I need a boost of happiness or something. I do take pride in all the good that is around me and apretiate all that is done. I am thankful for the support of my husband too. But like you say Donna, it just never ends.I seen PT yesterday and he tried taping my knee different this time to help relieve it. That was a bonus. Tape, that's all it took, to take off some pressure.That's probably why I stayed at the gym longer too.Hmmm... Perhaps I will call up an old friend and get out for a bit or something...I hate being down.

Rockette
scope Jan 05

Offline DeeDee

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 04:57:42 PM »
Hi Rockette

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low, when I am feeling low I pamper myself, why don't you go and have your hair done, or maybe even go and have a manicure and do some retail therapy, what with christmas coming up it is a good excuse to spend some money. If you don't feel like going out there is always internet shopping just as fun and you can look in more shops.  You could even take a friend with you and go for a meal afterwards, and just forget about everything for the day.

I see you have guest to staying, maybe you can see this has a plus, why don't you all go out for the evening, it could take your mind off your problems and might even cheer you up a bit.

I know it's hard when you are feeling down, but remember we all get down at times, but with good friends to talk to and get things off your chest you will be fine soon, and remember we are here for you if you need to talk. 

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs DeeDee x
*Severe Osteoarthritis, Left knee worn out
*I now need a Total Knee Replacement                             
*16/02/04 High Tibial Osteotomy
*14/11/05 Hardware removal plate and 4 screws
*Now suffers from leg length discrepancy of about an inch.
*15/10/08 Bad fall, ACL Tear & Baker's Cyst

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 06:14:36 PM »
Rockette....Tape always helps me too. Problem is, its a temporary solution. You can, however, buy the stuff to tape it and do it at home. It does help soooo much. I hope that you have better days ahead. Just know your friends are always here to talk to....

more hugs....DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • GET R DONE!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 07:34:11 PM »
DeeDee

I took your advise and got my hair done. Just having someone massage the head can do wonders. By the time I got my hair trimmed and styled I looked just like Shirley Temple! That managed to put a smile on my face for the first time in a long time. Thank-you! I still have to pick up my feet,they're a bit slow still.

Shade
You are always there when in need. I never indulged in a sundae or fudge but did make my famous Bruschetta and melted Brie cheese on crackers. It is divine! If I could make it for you and send it your way, I would!! Thank-you!

Donna
I am glad you can relate. It sure can be testy. I may just go out and buy me some flowers or something.I'll look into the tape too. Thanks

Nettan
I think I may just go to another town and spend the night with a friend and just unwind. Small towns carry rumor disease! I hate that.I am not a gossiper. Send me more Tinker Dust.  thank you.. ::)

Julia
You are right. It always comes back no matter what. If only a blank wall could stand in my way! Sometimes it is easier to just brush things off whether it bothers me or not. Problem is, I wear my heart on my sleeve and it shows.I am a softy. Gotta work on that. Thanks for caring.

Rockette
scope Jan 05

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 11:32:16 AM »
Hey Rockette !!
Send you more of this as you wished...

I do believe that sometimes we have those moments that whatever we do we still feel that nothing feels good and nothing is fun. Then doing nothing can be good to get the spirits back or sometimes doing a lot can change that feelings too. Good that you go away and have some fun.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 12:40:50 PM »
Rockette,

I'm glad to hear that you have tried some things and they have helped.  Yes, it is only a temporary fix, but that is better than doing nothing.  Think that when we get into these ruts we forget that we must think of ourselves a little - we tend to do things like we did before and we can not physically do what we did before and that is part of the problem.

Also, think that we have to be open and honest with those around us and you''ll be surprised at how helpful and willing they really are to help if you tell them what you need and want them to do.

One little thing that I do daily is to have a long, relaxing bubble bath - it makes my knees feel so good.  It does not matter if something else should or could be done at that time - I just decided that that is my time and everything else can just wait.  It has really worked for me.....

You have to find those things that make you feel good.

Sending good vibes your way................................................

Shade

July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline DeeDee

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 08:10:27 PM »
Hey Rockette,

Glad you are feeling a bit better, and I hope things continue to get better for you.

Take care and remember to take time out and pamper yourself.

Hugs DeeDee x
*Severe Osteoarthritis, Left knee worn out
*I now need a Total Knee Replacement                             
*16/02/04 High Tibial Osteotomy
*14/11/05 Hardware removal plate and 4 screws
*Now suffers from leg length discrepancy of about an inch.
*15/10/08 Bad fall, ACL Tear & Baker's Cyst

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • GET R DONE!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 05:32:15 AM »
Everyone has left the buiding! No, it isn't because I am down and out. My eldest is back east preparing for the race season and my other son and his dad have taken off on a hunting trip.That means that I have lots of time on my hands. I shall pamper myself and enjoy my quiet time! Thanks for listening and sending good wishes my way. I will keep you up to date......ahhh..peace and quiet.

Rockette
scope Jan 05

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 05:40:52 AM »
Rockette,

Peace and quiet?? What's that?? I have a 13 year old daughter that is a little chatter box.( have 18 and 16 yr. old daughters as well)  I mean she just talks, and talks, and talks, and talks!! LOL! ;D...and very loudly!!  Mom says she is just like me at that age!! But when she isnt here, I miss her....lol. Enjoy your quiet time...take a nice, hot bubble bath....my favorite!!

Hugs....DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
REPLACEMENT 5-09

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 06:40:28 AM »
Rockette,
some time for yourself and peace and quiet can make a big change for you.
Spoil yourself with a nice bubblebath, good food, a great movie...or whatever you like most, maybe a good book or come here talk with us.

NETTAN  8)