Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: :( What's wrong?  (Read 845 times)

Offline Mattress

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
:( What's wrong?
« on: November 05, 2005, 05:09:42 AM »
Story:
So I was in wrestling practice at school today. Me and another member of the team(10 lbs heavier) were doing a tough match on the mats. I was lying on my front, I posted with my left leg knee to get some stability, but than I can't remember what happened, but he switched up, and pushed really hard against my leg. At this point it was really painful, and my kneecap popped out of its socket at one point, but then popped back in  :-\.

Symptoms:
After the match, I neglected it, and din't bother getting ice  :-\. 8 hours after practice, the area around the collateral ligament hurts, along with the right side of my left knee , a bruise is starting to develop at the area where the femur meets the tibia.

Is there anything wrong? I can't tell because I've never had a knee injury. Do I need to see a doctor, or is it just a regular bruise that will go away soon?  ??? Any help will be appreciated.

Offline Charliemouse

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: :( What's wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:17:28 PM »
Go to the doc it's always worth getting things checked out, you may have done some damage and it's better to get it sorted than just leave it and hope it's all OK. Do you have any swelling, loss of flexion and can you walk on it?
18/06/05 Injured trampolining
Fixed Flexion 20-90 deg until...
01/09/05 lateral meniscectomy (40%)
09/06/06 Patella tendon aclr
09/09/06 Back on the tramp (carefully)
10 years on and still going strong
!!Stop twisting when you land or it hurts!!

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 12:41:53 PM »
Get your knee checked out! It's the only way to know if damage has been done. I can guess and I do have a few ideas, only a dr can diagnose you!!

Good luck!

Helena
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline Mattress

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 01:54:27 PM »
It's painful to walk, and it feels like my leg is leaning to the left side when I walk. Thank you for your help, I guess I'm going to the doctor today then.