Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: help with interpretation please  (Read 752 times)

Offline kas40

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help with interpretation please
« on: November 03, 2005, 08:00:27 PM »
It would be appreciated if someone is able to interperate a recent report I have just recieved from my o/s. The following information is the findings of both arthroscopy and MRI scan. Patella showed minor degenerative change as did the medial compartment of the knee but was graded at grade 2. The ACL was reported to be artrophic and oedaematus. PCL also showed some atrophy there was a small infusion present and signs of early degenerative change affecting the lateral femeral condyle with a small area of eburnation.
  I am wondering how all these minor things (reports words) are causing me such chronic pain and regular swelling of the knee. I have a o/s appointment in a few days time what questions don you think would be benificial. I have been off work for six months I work as a PE instructor within the prison service and begginning to think I am doomed.

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: help with interpretation please
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:26:27 PM »
There seems to be no corolation to the amount of pain a person experiences and the size of chondral defects. People with huge ones may experience no pain while people with small ones can have terrible pain. I am sorry, I cant address the atrophyof the ligaments, I have not had any experience with that issue.
good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline kas40

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: help with interpretation please
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 06:14:45 PM »
Thanks very much stgiles, could someone please tell me the what the medical terms mean and if poss the probable effects.It would be very much appreciated.Thanks