Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Synvisc working!  (Read 811 times)

Offline johnnyp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Synvisc working!
« on: November 03, 2005, 04:50:59 AM »
I just got my 1st synvisc injection 36 hours ago and what a difference!  I am 4 months post-op bilateral partial meniscetomies and serious microfracture chrondroplasties on femoral lesions behind the kneecaps.  Before the 1st injection I had returned to crutches since I had taken a very bad step down a stair and was convinced I had ruptured any healing that had occurred up to that point on my bad left knee.  Miraculously, the left knee is now close to full extension now and even feeling a bit bouncy and healthier just 1 day after injection #1.  Hopefully I'm not just having one of those rare, good days.  Looking forward to the next injection.  Swelling seems to have diminished dramatically in that knee too.  I'm also hoping this response is not psychosomatic or ephemeral. 

Next week I want to get the 2nd shot on the left knee and start in with Synvisc on the right (better) knee. 

Does anyone have any caveats about Synvisc?  Why do they say it takes weeks for the full effect of Synvisk to be realized?  Maybe I won't need OATS plugs for a while afterall.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Synvisc working!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:03:26 PM »
Johnny,

Glad to see that you have received some relief from the sinvisc injections - that is Good News!!

Hope that the effects of this last for a long period of time. I've read articles where some people have had good pain relief for 8 months to a year..... other people have had no pain relief at all - it appears that you are one of the lucky ones that have had good results.....

Good luck,

Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline misshilde

• Forum Faithful
Re: Synvisc working!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 10:14:13 PM »
Hey, have been looking into synvisc myself...but have not had anyone to talk to regarding it working or not...sceduled for surgery in Dec., but will maybe try synvisc in March if surgery leaves me with no pain release......what are you able to now, that you haven't been able to do before...any comments would be good..

hilde
born with bad knee
83 patella ligament pierced by iceicle
84 50%  hamstring rip
86 lateral meniscus tear
more dance 
99 menisectomy(finally)
more dance
patellar & quad tendontis
05 LR, bonespur removal, general clean out, stage 4 OA
oct 06 illiophoas release( hip ok) but knee still bad...