Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Who did Damien Duff's knee surgery?  (Read 831 times)

Offline HadSecondScope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Who did Damien Duff's knee surgery?
« on: November 02, 2005, 06:41:35 PM »
Dunno if anyone's seen who did it but Damien Duff the Chelsea footballer had a partial menisectomy and after only three weeks is back playing football, incredibly impressive, does anyone know who did the surgery by any chance?

Offline HadSecondScope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Who did Damien Duff's knee surgery?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 04:31:59 AM »
Am seeing Andrew Williams at Wellington hospital regarding my knee problem. Several people have messaged me to say he is good. Is he renowned for treating meniscus injuries well? If he recommends arthroscopy which I can't see being avoided then it's my third one in 7 months or so, I really don't want it messed up this tem especialy as I must be back competing in my sport by April time. If anyone knows of anyone in London particularly well known for fixing up torn meniscus' then I'd be very glad to hear and any reassurances that Andy Williams is excellent would be much apprecaited.

Thanks all.

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 08:05:56 AM »
Three surgeries sounds like a lot in such a short time.  I went through 5 procedures in ten months, and the main problem was my OS first didn't diagnose the problem correctly, then, when he did figure out what the problem was...he didn't treat it correctly.

So I'm curious--are you sure it's a torn meniscus?  How do you keep tearing it?  Did you have a repair (with sutures or darts or something) rather than a removal of the torn bits in your previous surgeries? 

More details would help a lot.  I know you want to avoid further procedures, and this is very smart.  You only get a certain number of 'free ones' with respect to surgical insults and interventions in a joint.  I'm afraid I can't help you with the British surgeons, sorry.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline HadSecondScope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »
Hi,

When you say certain number of free ones what do you mean? Bsicaly the first MRI diagnosed torn meniscus and a meniscal cyst both were supposedly removed, still had problems second scope he said he removed more meniscus, I'm still getting bad pain on the kneecap and some pain down the lateral side and loads of clocking some of it painful and knee is weak, can't control my knee like before can't skip can't run cus of pain. The second surgeon had the ordasity to sit there and say I think I've done a very good job you may lose 10 degrees of movement that's just life. I am wound up bigtime now.