Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Primary connective tissue tumour  (Read 2981 times)

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Primary connective tissue tumour
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 05:33:18 PM »
Julia...so glad to hear you are home and feeling well!  The size of a plum...no wonder you were in pain! 

Good news that they didn't find anything else wrong inside...so now just a matter of rehab and hopefully you will be good as new!  I have my fingers crossed for you that the biopsy results are good.

I also brought brand new jammies to the hospital, but ended up wearing a hospital gown my entire stay.  With both legs operated on, I couldn't bend my legs to get the bottoms of the pj's on, plus, there was always someone wanting to look at my knees!

Take care...let us know how your check-up goes on Monday.

kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

Offline Julia C.

• Regular Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 11:30:56 AM »
Just an update as I have just had my 6 week post op visit to the OS and the results of my biopsy.
The biopsy confirms that I had PVNS - the localised rather than the diffuse form. There is a small chance it will re-occur and they want to see me in a year or before if I have any more problems.
The growth was the size of a flat plum and attached by a stalk to the synovial lining, so they removed that part of the lining too.
Considering I really had quite a simple procedure and only had removed from my knee something that wasn't supposed to be there I have been suprised by how much the operation affected my knee. I thought the recovery time would be a lot quicker. I do have full ROM now, most of the time, it is a bit stiff at times, but I still don't have all the strength back. I also get some mild pain and discomfort climbing stairs, if I sit too long and at times during the night and I still get a little swelling. I mentioned all these things to my OS who said they were all perfectly normal and will soon improve. He did say though that it may take 6 months to a year before I could kneel without the scar feeling sensitive!
I'm only posting these things really incase anyone else comes here searching for info on PVNS. I'll keep popping back here (I've got a bit addicted to reading KNEEgeeks!) I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it again.
Best wishes to all of you with knee problems and thanks for all the help, support and information I've received from this site. xxxxx  :)
Julia
Sept 2005 - Benign tumour removed from right knee, diagnosed as localised pigmented villonodular synovitis.

Offline heather k from wales

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 08:28:50 AM »
Julia, Im really pleased you got your problem sorted out.  I wish you a speedy recovery and hope it doesnt re-occur.
Keep us up to date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Heather ;)
91 Mangled Right knee on trials motorbike
94 Meniscus Repair
95 ACL/LCLrec,notchplasty,bone graft
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Ch'plasty, ACLdeb,Suprapatella mbr ex, haematoma
04 Scope