Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: sore knees  (Read 987 times)

Offline beseby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
sore knees
« on: October 30, 2005, 04:48:33 PM »
hi there, i just signed up after stumbling accross this page, so hi to everyone!

ok, well after having two emslie trillat operations, first one at 16 on the left knee then the second at 18 on the right knee everything seemed to be ok. arthritis kicks in every so often (the doctor tells me thats what it is), but the pain is bearable most days. apart from the last two days, iv been unable to bend my knees unless im sitting down or in bed, and whilst heat helps it, it last for only a couple of minutes.

the pain really is unbearable now and i was just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice, my surgeon cannot see me for another three weeks for an observation, so what would be the best thing to help in the meantime?

thanks in advance for any help given

ross

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: sore knees
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 04:57:24 PM »
Welcome here !!
Ross, have you been doing any special the days before it started ?
Where do you live, maybe weatherchanges aggravates your knees right now for some reason.
Is heat the best which helps, how about ice ? Maybe you got an ongoing inflammation in your knees or maybe a flue on it's way and that's make your knees worse. Inflammation gets worse of heat but maybe you already know that.
Is your knees swollen or feels hot ?

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline beseby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 05:05:46 PM »
Hi Nettan!

I work in an office sitting down, and I did go out to a club, but sat all night as im not much of a dancer  ::)
It feels like they are being clamped in a vice all round, back front and sides. Ice usually helps when it swells, but there is no fluid at all, just extreme pain. I stay in central Scotland, so it has been pretty cold, but the thing is the past week hasn't been drastically cold, especially for this time of year.

My knee feels warm, but at the same time I am having shivers down my legs. I have just got over a cold, and my knees gave me no pain the whole time I was unwell.

Really confused as you can guess  ???

Thanks

Ross
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 05:09:57 PM by beseby »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 05:08:35 PM »
Is the pain constantly there ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline beseby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 05:10:45 PM »
Yes and right now im in work in agony, trying to keep them as warm as possible at the moment.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:14:33 PM »
Got any meds for it, like antiinflammatory or are you able visit doc like GP so you can get something ?
So you manage until going to OS.
I live in Sweden and have had really bad pain last weeks cause of weather changes.
I believe we have same bad climat.

Offline beseby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »
Yes we usually do have the same weather. I was taken off of my course of medicine as the GP thought that I should get used to the pain instead of mask it. My surgeon didn't agree with this, but unfortunatley he couldn't prescribe them for me for some reason. I really wish I did have meds at times. My next challenge is walking 1.5miles in the cold and rain to get the bus home.

Offline beseby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 05:35:02 PM »
I just gave me knees a feel about, and the areas that are worse are just below my knee where the screws are in both, and also directly above the patella, and then directly in my joint is extremely sore all round from all directions.

Can anyone make anything of this?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 05:46:49 PM »
Wish I could send you some painmeds or get you lift. Hope you can get hold of GP to get meds.
Your GP is wrong, I have never got used of my severe pain I have 24/7, but maybe I can copy better.
Take a hot bath at home if you can.

HUGS NETTAN  8)

Offline beseby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 05:59:55 PM »
That will be the first thing I will be doing when i get home, also I find that a Reike session helps sooth the pain.

Thanks for your replies Nettan

Ross