Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: FOR DEEDEE  (Read 817 times)

Offline CourageandHope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
FOR DEEDEE
« on: October 30, 2005, 01:02:35 AM »
Hi DeeDee,

I was reading on the bottom of soemthing you wrote in the private place to write a message that you say you have a leg lentgh discrepency.  Do you know how this occured?  Do you wear anything in your shoes to make your legs equal?
My PT and I think that might have a leg discrepancy so I wondered if you could get me some information,
Laura Thanks!
Life might be hard and life might be confusing.  But the power of believing and hoping can make life seem so much simpler and easier. Laughing is important - its good for the soul and for the heart. Always smile. Have faith and be brave - soon things will get better.

Offline ChrisAngel

• Forum Faithful
  • Never grow up :)
Re: FOR DEEDEE
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 02:37:29 PM »
Hi DeeDee,

I was reading on the bottom of soemthing you wrote in the private place to write a message that you say you have a leg lentgh discrepency.  Do you know how this occured?  Do you wear anything in your shoes to make your legs equal?
My PT and I think that might have a leg discrepancy so I wondered if you could get me some information,
Laura Thanks!

Hey! Does this mean that one's legs are different length? My PT found out last spring that my other foot is slightly shorther than the other. Is this the same thing? Specially made shoes can help in this problem.
31 young :)
RemovePlica
-L 12/98+R 9/99
RemoveScartissue
-L&R 4/04
RemovePlica&scartissue
-L 8/06 ->R postponed for now (need to find a new surgeon..*sigh*)
*Fibromyalgia+CPS+Acid Reflux+Tietze's syndrome+CFS+depression*

Offline DeeDee

• Forum Faithful
Re: FOR DEEDEE
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 06:47:30 PM »
Hi Laura

I did have a slight leg discrepancy and limp before my surgery, this was because my leg was very deformed and my osteoarthritis was very bad, after I had my op which was a High tibial osteotomy Feb. 04, where they cut to tibia, and took a wedge of bone out and used bone graft to fill the gap holding it together with plates and screws, (bone not from my hip). it is a bit worser then before.

I haven't had anything done about it, and I don't wear any special shoes.  I have learned to live with it and it doesn't bother me, although sometimes it does bother me when people stare, but I usually ignore them.

To get more information try Goggle, and type in leg length discrepancy, and that should bring up quiet a bit of information for you, I have also found this website about leg discrepancy, I hope this helps.

http://www.orthoseek.com/articles/leglength.html

Good luck laura

Dee x

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Chris

Yes, this does mean one leg is a different length, and yes you can have shoes specially made to help with the problem, but I think the discrepancy has been be at least 3cm anything above that you would need surgery.

Hope you are well and pain free Chris.

Hugs Dee x
*Severe Osteoarthritis, Left knee worn out
*I now need a Total Knee Replacement                             
*16/02/04 High Tibial Osteotomy
*14/11/05 Hardware removal plate and 4 screws
*Now suffers from leg length discrepancy of about an inch.
*15/10/08 Bad fall, ACL Tear & Baker's Cyst

support