Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Rock hard patella? HELP!  (Read 626 times)

Offline CourageandHope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Rock hard patella? HELP!
« on: October 29, 2005, 05:25:36 PM »
Hi, my name is Laura and I have a huge left knee problem..I was in an accident and shattered my patella.  The doctors put it back together as best they can.  That was on May 29th 2005. Since than I have only been able to only bend my knee 40 degrees.  Yesterday I was scheduled for surgery – arthroscopy.  After surgery the doctor told me they couldn’t even get the camera in my knee because there is sooo much tissue.  He said that my patella is rock hard, like it doesn’t move at all and that’s why I couldn’t bend it.  He’s not sure what to do and so he is going to get ahold of the surgeons who originally did my knee at the time of the accident.
Does this mean that I will need a total knee replacement?  If they cant get in with a scope to remove scar tissue, than how will they remove it?
Has anyone ever heard of having a rock hard patella?

Please give me suggestions or encouragement,

~*Laura*~
Life might be hard and life might be confusing.  But the power of believing and hoping can make life seem so much simpler and easier. Laughing is important - its good for the soul and for the heart. Always smile. Have faith and be brave - soon things will get better.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Rock hard patella? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 05:27:57 PM »
Hi,

Put this post in the 'Rehab Dept' under 'Soft Tissue Healing Problems'.

There are some people there that will be able to give you some information.

Good luck,

Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT