Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain  (Read 1405 times)

Offline hooder

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee pain
« on: March 09, 2003, 08:16:46 AM »
I woke up one morning with severe pain in my left knee. After a month, the pain wasn't constant, but it never goes away. It hurts when I'm lying in bed and especially when I walk for a little bit. Could it be arthritis comes about so suddenly? ??? ??? >:(
hooder

Offline oneillii

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Knee pain
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 07:03:30 PM »
Hey Hooder

I also experienced knee pain but it came on after an injury while working out...

Your doctor will probably ask you if you noticed anything specific or have taken up any new activities, etc.

In the meantime you can ice and elevate it if there is swelling; also the section on the patellofemoral joint has lots of info on different types of knee pain and some exercises that we do to maintain quadriceps strength (which has helped lessen my knee pain considerably)

Good luck and let us know what happens! Susan
arthroscopy 11/06/02

Offline lam651

• Forum Faithful
  • Someday
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 08:35:22 PM »
I'd go to a doctor and have it checked out. It sounds like you may have pulled , twisted , or strained something. These things take forever to heal themselves if you don't take an anti-inflamitory drug to help it heal. Good luck and hope it turns out to be a minor injury. Larry
arthoscopy('99),HTO(tibia didn't heal 10/01),knee braces(7/02),HTO w/ex.fix. to repair tibial non-union(3/03), remove ex. fix.(9/03),HTO other leg(12/03)

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 10:32:02 PM »
Hey, Hooder,

That's pretty much how my pain set in.  I had a history of knee problems in the past, but for this round,  I literally woke up a bit achy one morning and couldn't walk by the end of the day (with popping and giving way and a bit of swelling), without doing anything memorable to injure it.  Unfortunately, the doc still doesn't know what's wrong.  

Knees are very easy to injure and you don't always notice right when you do it.  If the pain is bugging you, and especially if it's not getting better, go see an OS.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

support