Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Massive knee and back problems - help needed  (Read 687 times)

Offline justineallen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Massive knee and back problems - help needed
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:52:17 AM »
I've been having problems with both knees for about 15 years now and have had 2 arthroscopies and 1 lateral release on my left knee and 1 arthroscopy and 1 lateral release on my right knee (the latter being in December 2004).  Things were OK but then I was having problems with my back and was referred to a chiropractor for treatment.  The chiropractor took a load of x-rays of my back and attributed my problems to my pelvis being misaligned.  Have had about 15 treatments now and feel a lot worse for it.  My right knee is agony and as well as pain down the inside of my knee I'm now getting shooting pains down the outside of it.  I'm also now suffering from a lot of left hip pain too; something which I have never suffered with.  I really really don't know what to do next do I go back to my GP and get a referral back to the orthopaedic surgeon?  Any advice much appreciated.  Anybody else ever found themselves in the same boat?

Justine
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:21:11 AM by justineallen »

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Massive knee and back problems - help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:51:28 AM »
Sorry you're having so many problems.  Have you told the chiropractor of the increased problems you're having?  What does he say about them?  I know that chiropractic treatments can take some time to work but if you're having increased problems and the DR doesn’t have a good explanation that you understand and believe, go back to you GP and ask for a referral to an OS or another chiropractor

Gook luck with your problems.  Let us know how you're doing.

HUGs

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

support