Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Awwww drat, I shred my skin on both legs!!!  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Heavy_Harry

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • When I stuff a knee up, I sometimes stuff it good
Awwww drat, I shred my skin on both legs!!!
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:00 AM »
Hello Fellow kneegeeks

I have recent had my brace sent away to be modified and reparied as I shredded it within a week. I have old knee hinged brace, it's big bulky thing but it supports well. The problem was I had get the splint under this brace, but it made it so tight my leg muscle was restricted. After wearing it I had the itches and lost some skin on my right leg. ie:pressure sores

I have been bleeding hurting as the other new elastic brace didn't support me and I ended stuffing my right knee again. My right leg is covered with scabs and sores that are weeping from the brace [second hand] I put on. I hope the othotist center doesn't take to long with that other knee brace we sent to repairs/modify as it only last a week for me before falling to peices!!!

Having two mussed up knees and one busted ankle in a slpints make thing differcult for me lately. Plus the pain of raw skin sores and scabs. Gosh I hate long waits, I hope they get it soon before I fall to peices!!!

:(

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Awwww drat, I shred my skin on both legs!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:46:53 PM »
was the brace made of neoprene? It sounds like you might have an allergy!

Hope you get sorted out soon
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Heavy_Harry

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • When I stuff a knee up, I sometimes stuff it good
Re: Awwww drat, I shred my skin on both legs!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:45:36 AM »
Hello Linds

Yes, the brace was made of Neoprene.....In the past I often had itches from them on my left knee.Which is all scared from the remains of sores,cuts and itching which I scratched holes in my skin because of it. That why I chose a C180 brace to ease it.

With the C180 brace, it itched. but not as severly but I like have alot my skin exposed to the air as the tendercy  of getting heat rash is minmal. The right leg is not so ease because of my splint so the gave a wrap-a-around hinged knee brace for me to try out. I got a print out but it supported my knee well,only annoying bit was  send it for repairs as it fell to peices with in a week of obtaining it!!!!
Bleeech  !!! :P

support