Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: injury or just more of the same?  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
injury or just more of the same?
« on: October 25, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »
Hi,
Well.. i'm just fishing for thoughts, on what is wrong with my knee. My left knee has been continually getting worse. However, on Sunday I had to run in the field as my horse was stuck in the fence.  He was okay in the end but I haven't run for more than  a few steps in YEARS because of my knees.  Anyway... my knee was sore after I finished running, but what else is new? Anyway.. now, starting yesterday morning when I got out of bed, my knee has been all wierd feeling, I can't walk normally as it won't go to full extension and i've had to keep it braced up. I've been icing constantly... i'm just wondering if it could be something I should have looked at or is it just another part of what's already going on with my knees??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: injury or just more of the same?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »
Linds -

For those of us who are already "broken", it can be just as hard for our doctors to tell if we broke something new or aggravated old stuff.  Considering your knees, I'd stick with the ice and anti-inflammatory routine for at least a few days.  If you see improvements after a few days, keep at it until the knees are back to their pre-run state.  If you don't see any improvement after a few days or a week, consider another visit to the OS.  There are very few knee injuries that can cause significant *additional* harm if untreated for a week or 2.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: injury or just more of the same?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 06:34:48 AM »
Linds, I agree with Jess regarding your knee. You aren't used to run and put a lot of stress on it.
Glad that your horse didn't injure himself. Take it easy, rest,ice, elevate, antiinflammatories and I hope this will be it.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.