Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI Results (Help with Translation)  (Read 1892 times)

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
MRI Results (Help with Translation)
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:33:16 PM »
Findings
There is artifact from a metallic foreign body in the anteromedial aspect of the knee.  This obscures detail in the region of the patellefemoral joint.  There is an oblique linear focus of increased signal in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus extending into the body.  It cannot be shown with confidence to extend to an articular surface.  The remainder of the menscii appears normal.  The articular cartilage, anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments, medial and lateral collateral ligamentous complexes, quadriceps tendon, patellar ligament, and remaining tendons about the knee, bone marrow signal, and remaining soft tissues appear normal. 

Impressions
1.)  There is metallic artifact from a foreign body in the medial aspect of the knee.  This obscures detail, especially in the medial aspect of the patellofemoral compartment.
This is no obvious chodromolacia patellae. 

2.)  There is an oblique linear focus of increased signal in the medial meniscus involving the posterior horn and body.  This is not shown with confidence to extend to an articular surface and may represent intrasubstance degenerative signal rather than a tear.  Clinical correlation is recommended
"and from then on, whenever I was going somewhere..... I was RUNNING!!!"

-FG

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: MRI Results (Help with Translation)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 02:34:22 AM »
YOu have some form of metalic foriegn body in the medial side of your knee (the inner part).
It is making it difficult to see inside the medial part of the compartment.

You have a high signal,which they think is probably just wear and tear on the back of the medial meniscus. Again, the inside of the knee. They say that you should have a further physical exam to check and make sure that it is not a tear. All other parts of the knee are normal. NO obvious chondromolacia means that the articular cart. on the back of your kneecap (patella)
It sounds like a pretty good report to me. I wish mine would come back that good. lol

good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:39:57 PM »
Thank you for your help.  That really helps me understand better. 

Do you think they could be missing something vital since the medial aspect can't be seen very well becuase of the metal?  Or does it sound like they were able to pretty well diagnose my knee??

Thanks,

Brandon
"and from then on, whenever I was going somewhere..... I was RUNNING!!!"

-FG

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 03:01:32 AM »
I dont know if they might have missed something vital in the medial compartment because I do not know what your symptoms are. IF your OS feels like he needs to see more of the medial compartment, I am sure that he wil let you know. MRIs are bad about missing things or misdiagnosing things. My first MRI said that I had a torn meniscus, so I had surgery for that, when the OS got in there, I had a large chondral defect on the medial femoral chondyle but no meniscus tear at all. Truthfully, I dont really trust MRIs.

good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia