Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nervous about appt  (Read 961 times)

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Nervous about appt
« on: October 16, 2005, 10:49:32 PM »
Hi everyone,

Well, I have an appt with my OS on Tuesday and I'm feeling really nervous about it. This is supposed to just be a routine 3 month post-op visit but I'm going there needing to discuss with my OS the fact that my knee isn't bending very well and it has both myself and my PT very concerned. The thing that's on my mind is scar tissue. After both my TTT and TTT revision I needed manipulations and the main reason for this most recent surgery was that scar tissue caused my patella baja. So we all know that I develop scar tissue very quickly and pretty intensely too. My PT can get my knee to about 90 degrees and maybe even up to 100 on a good day but when she tries to really put it through my whole range it just comes to a dead stop and won't go any further when it gets to the 90 or so degree mark. It also gets very stiff and tight very quickly. This makes me very scared! I spent a good year and a half at least with my ROM no more than 90 degrees and this surgery was supposed to get me to a normal range. I don't want to go into my appt and have my OS tell me that this is as good as it's going to get. I also don't want him to tell me to just work harder because even my PT said she's pushing as hard as she can and as hard as she knows I can tolerate and it's just not going any further. I know that as this point there are three things he can say-do nothing and see what happens, do a manipulation or do a scope. I don't know which one of those I want him to bring up because it's just really disappointing that I couldn't get the ROM back on my own by this point and none of them sound very good to me right now. Anyway, I think I just need a little support from my fellow kneegeeks, who I know understand what it's like to go through all of this and deal with the disappointments that our knees tend to bring to us.

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Nervous about appt
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 11:21:40 PM »
Sharon,

I'm really sorry that you are having problems  with your knee again.  Whatever the OS says on Tuesday, know that we are here to suport you and to help you get throgh this problem.

Know that we are here for you always!

Wishing you the best!

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 04:44:25 PM »
Sharon, you have come this far and if you look back remember how frightened you were when having the surgery.
Don't think the worst before you have seen your doc.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:16:57 AM »
Were you on a CPM machine at all?  I got my range of motion completely back to normal by using one.  It's a bit of a pain in the neck because you have to use it for at least 8 hours a day (many people get  their 8 hours in while they sleep at night.)  my insurance wouldn't cover it but it only cost me $250 for one months use so I figured it was well worth it to get my range of motion back. 

Teresa