Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What would cause This Knee Pain?  (Read 1794 times)

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
What would cause This Knee Pain?
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:35:01 PM »
Hi,

What would cause knee pain when squatting down (like a catcher in baseball).  I walked around all day yesterday and my right knee hurt so to stretch my legs, I squatted down and my right knee is much more sore today--even feels kind of week.

I have had no injury but my right knee hurts with activity---used to be mainly running, but now is even with elliptical and bike.  Also hurts if going down a steep hill and after siting all day at my desk.  Also is sore the day after i do barbell squats (with about 135 lbs).  It is NOT sore after doing leg extensions though.

Does anyone have some ideas on what this sounds like???
"and from then on, whenever I was going somewhere..... I was RUNNING!!!"

-FG

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
Re: What would cause This Knee Pain?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 05:07:52 PM »
Can't somebody Help?  What would cause my knee to hurt for days after simply squatting down with knees fully flexed like a baseball catcher????

-FG

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:24:41 PM »
Overuse injury is the first I'm thinking of. Maybe your knee just isn't built for that and have had too much of it lately.
Cut off doing it for a while and see if it helps.

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 11:18:31 PM »
thanksth

-FG

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 01:49:14 AM »
None of us are doctors and are not qualified to diagnose your problem.  Mostly we just give eachother support along the journey.  The best thing for you to do is see a doctor then come back  and tell us what he/she said.  And then, those of us who have had the same or simular conditions can offer you support. 

Teresa

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 02:41:36 AM »
Thanks Kitten,

I understand that no one can really diagnose my problem.  However, I have been to 6 different O.S. over the years (2 recently) and the problem is, they can't figure out my problem!!!!  That is what is so frustrating.  I have been to physical therapy 3 times with four different therapists.  They can't figure it out either.  I had an MRI and nothing showed up there---mainly because i have a small piece of metal (1/4 the size of a dime..maybe smaller) that distorted most of the image back in 2001.  This piece of metal is harmless---just under the skin (probably happened as a kid when i skinned my knee or something) but is big enough to distort the patellofemoral joint.  Back in 2001, i considered surgery but decided against it since out of 3 different O.S.'s, there were three different opinions on what should be done.
So..........here i am.........still frustrated out of my mind trying to figure out what in the hell is wrong with my knee. I am going for a new MRI this Saturday (per the new OS) but I am fearing the worst---that piece of metal.

-FG

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 04:10:34 AM »
Where are you located? 

Teresa

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 01:45:17 PM »
Where are you located? 

Teresa

Teresa,

I am in Atlanta Ga. 

-FG

Offline cat

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 02:46:14 PM »
Brandon,
Just what have the previous doctors told you? I thnk I saw something in a previous post about your patella subluxing. It's my guess that you have some sort of tracking issue going on and that wouldn't show up on an MRI. Certain types of x-rays can show tilt and subluxation. Or you could have plica or fat pad impingement which may or may not show up on an MRI. Have you checked out the free class, Pain Around the Knee Cap? It's very good and may help you figure things out.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/courses/

;D cat  ;D

"Miserable malalignment"
 Lateral release, medial reefing, VMO advancement, and TTT-  3/2/04
Screw removal- 5/24/05
Cortisone injection to pes anserine- 7/27/05
Femoral derotation osteotomy, TTT revision- 10/18/07

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 10:54:54 PM »
Ok everybody----here we go.  I need help from someone to interpret this MRI report.

Findings
There is artifact from a metallic foreign body in the anteromedial aspect of the knee.  This obscures detail in the region of the patellefemoral joint.  There is an oblique linear focus of increased signal in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus extending into the body.  It cannot be shown with confidence to extend to an articular surface.  The remainder of the menscii appears normal.  The articular cartilage, anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments, medial and lateral collateral ligamentous complexes, quadriceps tendon, patellar ligament, and remaining tendons about the knee, bone marrow signal, and remaining soft tissues appear normal. 

Impressions
1.)  There is metallic artifact from a foreign body in the medial aspect of the knee.  This obscures detail, especially in the medial aspect of the patellofemoral compartment.
This is no obvious chodromolacia patellae. 

2.)  There is an oblique linear focus of increased signal in the medial meniscus involving the posterior horn and body.  This is not shown with confidence to extend to an articular surface and may represent intrasubstance degenerative signal rather than a tear.  Clinical correlation is recommended. 

-FG

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 03:14:44 PM »
anyone know what this report says in layman's terms?

-FG

Offline TimBrp

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 03:35:57 PM »
To me it appears you may have degenerative wear of your meniscus, particularly around the posterior horn.  Probably from running.  Problem with this area is poor blood flow-poor rehab and healing to the area.  It doesn't appear to them to be a tear but more/less a wear in the meniscus.  All other bodies of the knee appear ok aside from the area that is obstructed due to the foreign metal body. 
Tim

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 02:34:29 PM »
Thank you for your help. 

Do you think they could be missing something vital since the medial aspect can't be seen very well becuase of the metal?  Or does it sound like they were able to pretty well diagnose my knee??

Thanks,

Brandon

-FG

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 09:57:21 PM »

-FG