Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Squeaking Total Left Knee?????  (Read 1523 times)

Offline papbouv

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Squeaking Total Left Knee?????
« on: October 04, 2005, 06:13:37 AM »
Today 10/03/05 my Total Left Knee that was done on 8/02/04 started squeaking so now have a mouse in my knee? Have heard they some times pop but have not heard of any that squeak. have noticed my TLK has been geting stiffer and stiffer seams more swollen also (not red or hot like with infection )Please ,Please if anyone has heard of a squeaking Total Knee let me know.The only thing I have done different is allot of extra walking while husband was in hospital he is now home but the stiffness remains was having pain behind the knee to the outside part of the back of the knee?It seems to have gotten better but now the knee sqeaks which I think is odd.Papbouv

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Squeaking Total Left Knee?????
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 06:28:00 AM »
Maybe you have a lot of extra fluid in it if you have been walking a lot more then you usually do.
If things not settles down with iceing and elevate and rest maybe you should call and ask.
Good luck to you.
Hope your husband is feeling better.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Squeaking Total Left Knee?????
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 12:39:58 PM »
I agree with Nettan, RICE is in order.  I would also check out the total knee replacement section down under the arthriris section. The people that post there are about to have or have had a TKR.

Good luck

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006