Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: retropatellar OATS - problems  (Read 1577 times)

Offline thoms

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
retropatellar OATS - problems
« on: October 02, 2005, 02:38:47 PM »
Hi,

I'm living in Munic, Germany, and had one OATS plug retropatellar in Sept. 2002.
Since the OP, I have a problem that noone could explain so far: I have pain in the medial anterior part of the joint, at the tibial plateau and and the medial condyle. This pain restricted me during the whole rehab process, so that today I still can't run or jump (that means, I can do it, but I cannot move springy, it feels quite stiff). Every doc I've been so far was helpless, as this region was never touched during the OP, and the minisci seem to be okay. Does anyone have (had) similar problems?
Yesterday, I was swimming, and since that I'm having pain in normal walking, which I never had before. It also aches when I try to straighten the leg, expecially when I contract the vastus medialis.The pain feels more deeply in the joint, like a torn menisc, but I don't think that this is the case.

Thomas

P.S.: Excuse my English, I hope it's not too bad :-/

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: retropatellar OATS - problems
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 11:24:25 PM »
did you guys hear about the guy who is suing his co-worker because as they were playing a game of twister........the guy farted in his face???
"and from then on, whenever I was going somewhere..... I was RUNNING!!!"

-FG

support