Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: In need of support & advice  (Read 826 times)

Offline mamaofmanyemails

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
In need of support & advice
« on: October 01, 2005, 09:04:15 AM »
Hi, I'm new here on the boards, but have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was a toddler (now 37 with three kiddies of my own) I am suffering quite badly lately & suppose in need of some words of encouragement.  I know the knee replacement will have to happen sooner rather than later & my left eye is so damaged now that it seems I'll be losing that soon too.  The pain is getting so bad that the more I am dragged down by it all, the more low & depressed I feel, therefore less able to deal with the situation and the more surgeries etc ahead of me.  I have hospital appointments coming up this week, and hope to have the emotional strength back to be able to put my feelings across so as to get the help I need.  I was on the nsaid, arcoxia, but it didn't really have any affect, I react to many of the others (after 35 yrs of them my body dosen't like them anymore) I take tramadol & amitriptyline for pain relief, but find the wooliness feeling is detrimental to looking after the kids etc. Does anyone else find this, have you found anything to 'clear the head'? I used to prefer the co-proxamol, but of course this has been discontinued - my doctor said they should have asked the R Arthritis sufferers - as he has never had contemplated using them for the reason they were stopped.  I was surprised as I am sure there are many more sufferers out there who feel like I do; that when my pain gets so bad - a good long sleep seems quite tempting. 

I have lots more questions on surgery, hydro therapy, etc but for now I feel that this level of pain & discomofrt is having such a huge effect on the family as a while, that I need to find ways to help that right now. 

Thanks for reading

Laura

Offline Charliemouse

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: In need of support & advice
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:38:16 PM »
Hi Laura a couple of us did respond to your last message
18/06/05 Injured trampolining
Fixed Flexion 20-90 deg until...
01/09/05 lateral meniscectomy (40%)
09/06/06 Patella tendon aclr
09/09/06 Back on the tramp (carefully)
10 years on and still going strong
!!Stop twisting when you land or it hurts!!

Offline christinaadams

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: In need of support & advice
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 07:52:32 PM »
Hi

I hope things improve for you soon. 

C