Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Dr Noyes for MPFL Reconstruction?  (Read 881 times)

Offline DNM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Dr Noyes for MPFL Reconstruction?
« on: October 23, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
Hi I recently dislocated my right kneecap coming out of a low lunge doing yoga. Unfortunately it is not my first dislocation as it was traumatically dislocated 4 years ago when I was on a bus and the driver slammed on the brakes and everyone went flying, including the poor woman beside me who got rammed into my knee and dislocated the kneecap (same knee). I recovered just fine after the first dislocation with physical therapy.

I had an x-ray and an MRI after this most recent dislocation which show a MPfL tear and a bone chip. My local OS wants to do a MPFL reconstruction with arthroscopy to remove the bone chip, as well as a lateral release and an insall patelloplasty (anyone ever had one of those??). He is not prescribing PT before the surgery and it has been three weeks to get into see him and my quad is already starting to shrink from lack of activity. I don't want to make the tear worse but know if I have surgery, I am already battling atropy and would like to get some quad strength back before surgery.

I want a second opinion and was thinking of seeing Dr. Noyes since he isn't too far of a drive away and seems to be an expert on knees.

Anybody seen him or one of his colleagues before for MPFL reconstruction? Outcome?

support