Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Arthroscopic surgery tomorrow!!!!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline irvinbl97

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Arthroscopic surgery tomorrow!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 08:47:37 PM »
Shade,
I have been using Hydrogen Peroxide with a Q-tip to keep the incision clean. The two incisions that I said don't look so great burn when I put the peroxide on. I've never had any incisions burn like these do. I am definitely planning on telling the physical therapist how it feels when I have it unwrapped (unsteady...like it could give out at any time). When I go see the doc tomorrow, I'm going to tell him how much pain I'm in, and that I haven't been sleeping very well the past few nights. I was in so much pain earlier this afternoon, that I was about ready to burst into tears. I knew and remembered that I would be in some pain following surgery, but never thought it would be this bad!! It seems like all I am doing is icing and elevating and staying off as much as possible. I don't know what else to do!!
Bridget

Offline irvinbl97

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Arthroscopic surgery tomorrow!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 03:42:08 PM »
Well, the stitches came out this morning. Yeah!!!! I told the doctor about how much pain I have been in, and he said that is normal, that the first few days the patient usually feels good, then once everything starts to tighten up, the pain gets worse. He gave me a prescription for vicodin, so I can quit using the percocet.
I also have to go back for more physical therapy. He wants me to go for 3 more weeks, 3 times a week. I also still have the crutches for about another week or so. Hopefully things will start to get back to feeling good again!