Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: help, would me appreciated.  (Read 993 times)

Offline sometmespainisenuf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help, would me appreciated.
« on: September 30, 2005, 01:08:08 AM »
hey.

my  knee has never really hurt me, but for the last couple days sometimes when i walk, its fine. and other times when i walk, i feel like its hurts so bad, that i cant even bend my left knee. its only my left knee. i dont know if i should tell my mom, and have her take me to a docter or what. cause it just started around monday. I know, i do not want surgery or any type of thing like that. and that is why i think im afraid to tell somebody just in case surgery may be required. please help. what should i do??

Offline momof4

• Regular Poster
Re: help, would me appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 05:25:59 AM »
OUCH!   Suffering without telling anyone is NOT good.  There could be lots of things causing you to hurt that won't mean you need surgery.  You've found a group of people here who have had pretty serious problems & lots of boards are about surgeries, but there are LOTS of other treatments & ways to help your knee feel better.

You need to let your mom know that it's hurting, then together you can decide if you need to go see your doctor or an orthopedic doctor (one who specializes in bones.)  I hope your pain goes away, but you need to talk to your mom, then PLEASE let us know how you're doing.

Good Luck--Pamela

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 06:19:16 AM »
As a knee sufferer and mother of 2 I agree with Pamela. You need to talk with your mom and tell her that your knee hurts. Maybe you have done anything unusal but not though of it, which have made you get this kneepain.
Talk with you mom and let her help you to see if you need visit a doc.

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 06:40:52 AM »
Hi,

I agree with Pamela & Nettan. You shouldn't suffer in silence and from what you've said, your knee problem can maybe be sorted out quite easily. Don't be scared about talking to your Mom - that's what she's there for and she'll help you decide whether a visit to your doc is necessary.

Let us know how you get on. Take care,

Laura
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline smeagol

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 10:24:14 AM »
I agree, tell your mum and go and see someone.  you can always say you dont want any surgery and they can try something else.  It might just be youve bruised something, or it might be something more.  I was terrified when i had to go in to see someone the first time (i was 11 at the time) but they are very helpful and if you dont want to do something then they wont try to make you do it.  Good luck with it all.  Tell us how you get on.
Charlotte
About 10 years of pain, 3 arthroscopys, and still no help with my condition or my current problem.  And I'm only 20!