Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 14 months and 8 physios has anyone heard of knee symptoms like these?  (Read 946 times)

Offline centerdash

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
after seeing all the people who should know i've been advised to post on knee guru,because after 14 mths my knee is still undiagnosed,i'll start at the begining and hopefully somone can help?i first felt a pull/pain behind my knee on flat out sprinting,i thought i pulled a hamstring,but the problem has stayed for 14mths,after seeing various physios having accapuncture getting new orthotics doing rehab,i eventualy got to see a top knee man(he's recomended on k guru)he told me there was no cartlidge/ligament involved,he thought it might be a bursa and ultrasound scan would confirm,a week ago i had the scan and the dr said no bursa and only normal muscle was showing(there is a very slight lump in my posterior knee)i can do all exercises without pain i can run 3/4 pace i can jump do heel raisesx25 all manual tests are ok but if i sprint flat out i get this pull/pain which seems deep in my posterior knee,i've had no injury as such the only time i've heard of the same symptoms is on ato boldins sprinting forum were 2 sprinters injured the popliteus,but i don't know were to go from here,if anyone can help i'd be much obliged.     

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 14 months and 8 physios has anyone heard of knee symptoms like these?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:06:25 PM »
You mean if you run at a flat surface you experience this pain, are you talking of running at tracks ?
How about shoes ? Have you tried other ones or a support for your knee ?

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline centerdash

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 04:01:47 PM »
hi nettan,
             the strange thing about this pain is i have run on a treadmill as fast as posibile and get no pain,i don't normaly run on tracks,i've had new orthotics made by a university lecturer in podiatry(salford uk 2005  )he also sugested i wear asics footwear,football boots and trainers which i now do,the problem started when i got my new orthotics in 2004 (i suffer with flat feet)and aswell as getting them only days before i had to start preseason
training they seemed very severe compared to my old ones but i went back to the pod but he said they were ok,but nearly everyone i've consulted since thought they were too high,the general opionion was faulty orthos combined with increased training as i'd signed semi pro caused the injury,it seems like an individual muscle injury,but which one and how to treat it? cheers.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 04:37:26 PM »
Go get same ones as them you had before you got the latest orthotics. Maybe that will solve the whole thing, cause it seems that they are the cause of all your problems.
There hasn't have to be a injury, just wrong things under your feet.
Maybe would be worth try that if you already haven't done that.

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support