Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Curves Gym  (Read 968 times)

Offline purplestars1881

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Curves Gym
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:40:21 PM »
Hello All...
I was hoping to get some input from anyone else who has gone to Curves or has heard things about it.

I have been going for just over a year, but seriously for about six months. Since January, I have lost about 40 pounds. In addition to my knee issues, I also have back pain and supposedly my neuro-tension isn't that great (whatever that means!). I want to go back to Curves but my PT's are pretty much against it, because of both my knees and my back. They don't like the way the machines are set up and feel that I would be better off doing my own thing...but that's a whole other story! Anyway, I would just like to hear if anyone else has any info or opinions on the matter.

Thanks!
Heather
Lateral Release & Torn Meniscus...August 2005

Offline comickie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Curves Gym
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 05:01:37 PM »
Heather;
I too am a member of curves, however I have just been going for a few months now.  The first month, I lost 8.5 lbs and 11.5 inches!  I love it.  I talked to my OS about the equipment and rehab now that I have just had my 5th knee surgery this past monday 9-26-05.  He of course wants me to wait a few weeks to return, however he highly agrees with the program because of the way the machines are that you can work them as easy or as hard as you want.  He wants me to start off slow again and work back up to normal.  I am going crazy not being able to go right now or for the past few weeks since my knee injury.  I am looking so forward to going back.  Which city,state do you belong too? just courious. Cincinnati, Ohio here.  Hope you find the answers that you are looking for.  By the way, I had surgery this time for a torn miniscus and torn cartlage in my left knee.
Good Luck,
Mickey

Offline purplestars1881

• Forum Faithful
Re: Curves Gym
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 02:03:58 AM »
Hi Mickey...
I am in Southern Maine. I don't know what I am going to do...very confused! :-\
Heather
Lateral Release & Torn Meniscus...August 2005

support