Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Really in need of help  (Read 939 times)

Offline HadSecondScope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Really in need of help
« on: September 28, 2005, 04:39:45 PM »
Had second arthroscopy to get rid of meniscal tear, surely the easiest knee surgery to do, surgeon seems to have f*cked up again, different surgeon to the first, can anyone tell me through pm as I knwo you dont liek to discuss surgeons publicly, who is the best n London and the home counties for sorting out torn meniscus, unfortunately insurance doesn't cover the Wellington Hospital so anywhere bar there, I'mr eally getting to end of my teather and feel liek punching the surgeon, is it a case that these muppets can't do it? I'm only 21 don't see why it shoul dbe so difficult when it's such a simple operation.

Please PM and be to the point about who can sort this. Thank you.

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Really in need of help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 05:50:54 PM »
I can't help you with the surgeon, as I'm in the US.  But if you tell us what kind of symptoms and problems you're having, how far post-op, if you had the tear removed of repaired, more people will be better able to help you.
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline HadSecondScope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Really in need of help
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:47:16 AM »
Am 5 weeks post op on Wednesday, got some clicking in knee which was painful but now less painful and getting less frequent, had some locking adn then clicking to release it but thats no pain so don't mind. Physio thinsk its cus of having two ops in six months on same thing, had tear removed a bit more meniscus chopped out. AM giving it time now to see how it goes the surgeon I want to see isn't covered by insurance and I can't afford to pay their prices and NHS wait will be major but am very grateful for the recommendations from people by PM, thank you all.

support