Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: arthroscopy  (Read 1152 times)

Offline mega1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
arthroscopy
« on: September 27, 2005, 12:32:28 PM »
I had keyhole surgery on my knee in june as i had a tear in my cartliage on the inner aspect of my knee, i'm now getting pain at the back of my knee, it's like it tightens and pulls. It gets sore when walking and going up stairs, sometimes i get to the third last stair at the top and i can't move my leg.

Is there something wrong with my knee again, or is this still too soon after the op?

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: arthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 01:00:50 PM »
What kind of surgery did you have? Keyhole just means that it was arthroscopic, it doesnt tell us if it was for the meniscus or articular cart. Please give us more info.

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline mega1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 01:16:29 PM »
sorry, it was for the meniscus carliage

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 02:41:05 PM »
Was it a repair or meniscectomy(smoothing of the surfaces) ? Did you get excercises to do afterwards or have you been to a phys and had pt ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline mega1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 05:39:48 PM »
it was a partial meniscectomy, and yes i done the excercises i was given, never had any physio therapy

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 07:51:49 PM »
Hi Mega1,

Don't know about your specific type of surgery but I don't think you should be having this much pain and mobility problems 3 months after surgery. Has it been like this since the surgery or has is recently gone downhill? If you're worried, go back to your OS and keep going back until you get some answers. If you can't go direct to your OS, get your GP to refer you again. Remeber, the answers are always out there somewhere. It's just a case of finding 'em!  ;D

Laura
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline mega1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 10:08:35 PM »
pain has been going on for about a month,seen doctor yesterday...told me to leave it just now and see how i get on...he says the last thing i want is for to be opened up for investigation and catch an infection!!!!!!

Offline comickie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 06:19:48 PM »
It sounds to me as if your physician did not provide you the answers that you are looking for.  He did not tell you if this is normal during the recovery period, how long you could expect to be in the recovery stage from your previous surgery 3 months ago.  I don't think that their is a concern for infection much during an arthoscopy if it is done correctly and  covered and kept clean and dry during the initial stages of healing.  Many OS do a scope simply for the diagnostic purposes of it, and then if there is something found during that scope that can easily be repaired during the procedure, they usually do that.  I think that the best advice that anyone could give to you is follow up with another physician as simply a second opinion and if you are satisifed with that opinion then follow through with it, otherwise return to the origional phy.  Most physicians agree that a second opinion is wise no matter what the problem is, and most of them will even refer you to someone for the second opinion.  good luck with it, and keep us posted.
Mickey

support