Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 3 days out of surgery  (Read 753 times)

Offline comickie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
3 days out of surgery
« on: September 29, 2005, 06:35:52 PM »

Hi all!
Just wanted to share my update with everyone! I am three days post op today and doing fantastic.  I am actually able to walk around my house with NO CRUTCHES, AND VERY LITTLE DISCOMFORT!  This is a wonderful feeling as I have never bounced back from a knee surgery so quickly.  I am still told that If I am out and about then I need to have the support of the crutches, but in the house I am alright.  I had my first outing yesterday since the surgery to go to the dr. appt and it felt so good to get out of the house and about.  My OS surgeon also provided me with photos from the surgery and they are quite intrestring to see.  I still have the origional bandages on from the surgery and they will remove them on Monday morning.  I am looking forward to that moment.  I am also very encouraged to the fact that when I start my new career on Monday I will have so much more strength in my leg.  I do currently have about 95% ROM back in my knee already.  Now if I could just get my husband and teenage children to realize that I can get up and do a few things for myself I would be good.  they hover over me like a mother hen and don't want me to do anything for myself.  They make my morning coffee and set it bedside so that when I awake it's there, along with cold soda's and the phone, and a cereal bar for me.  I want to just get back to doing for myself and them, not them doing for me.  Just and update!  Thanks again for all the kinds words of well wishes from everyone.  You all have made me feel like this site is one big family.  Thinking of everyone and hoping that everyone is doing well.
Mickey

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 3 days out of surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »
Mickey, you made it and are on your way back I'm so happy for you.
I hope your first day at work will be a good one too. Good luck with both your knee and the new job.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
Re: 3 days out of surgery
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 07:17:59 PM »
Hi Mickey,

That's fantastic. It's so good to hear that a surgery has been successful for someone. You musy have an excellent OS. I hope your recovery continues at the same pace and pain free.
Keep us posted,

Laura
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

support