Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Arthroscopy next Tuesday  (Read 1335 times)

Offline heymisterpj

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • it's just a flesh wound...
Arthroscopy next Tuesday
« on: September 22, 2005, 09:02:44 AM »
 :othe time is fast approaching!!! Going in next Tuesday to have tears in both menisci  left knee sorted. Starting to get a bit edgy ::) but am caonfident that all will go well, as I want to be playing soccer again by November and skiing by christmas. Don't know how realistic this is, have to wait till after Tuesday! best thing is I get to watch on TV!

Offline csangel

• Regular Poster
Re: Arthroscopy next Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »
Hey there!

good luck with the op! i know its scary but its better to get it over and done with as soon as poss. keep us posted on how it goes, maybe post in the post op section. i know i'll be nervous when it comes to mine but i've had this knee prob for so long it'll be a relief to get it sorted!

hope it all goes well!

Lucy

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 03:27:34 PM »
If you only need meniscectomy smoothing on the areas you'll probably be back by then. If you need repair it can be hard to be back so early. But you never now before the surgeon have been into your knee.
Good luck on tuesday !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline SPK

• Forum Faithful
    • http://www.sharks.com.au
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »
I was a bit nervous before mine too. Hell who wouldn't be?

But truly, it's a piece of cake. You'll wake up when it's all over and think to yourself 'Was that it?'

Good luck.
May 05 - Injury playing Rugby League; Torn Lateral Meniscus, High Grade partial tear to ACL
August 05 - Partial Lateral Meniscectomy
ACL Reconstruction - November 28th 2006

"I don't know how to put this but... I'm kind of a big deal."

Offline comickie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 10:03:03 PM »
Hi!
I feel for you! my surgery is too coming up really quickly.  I just finished preregistering with the surgery center where it will be done.  My surgery is on Monday 9-26-05.  It will be over for both of us before we know it and we will both be on the road to a full recovery.  Good luck to you and take care of yourself!  Keep us posted :)
Mickey

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 10:16:23 PM »
Best of luck with your surgery.  If your OS repairs the tears, then you will not be playing soccer by November and probably not skiing in December either.  If he does a partial menisectomy there is a chance you could be doing both.  Take care and keep us posted.

Patty

Offline comickie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 05:21:56 PM »
Good Day;
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you today as you are undergoing your surgery.  I am hoping that all goes well for you in surgery today.  Yesterday was my sugery and along with removing torn cartlage, they found a tear in my meniscu as you have.  The pain is nothing compared to what I expected so I am sure you will be the same.  they repaired mine and removed and smoothed the cartlage and I am only slated to be on crutches for one week and doing PT at home and so far, so good.  I can't even say that the pain is bad enough to need the pain medications that he gave me out of surgery.  I'm sure that you should feel about the same since it's roughly the same. Keep us posted and let us know how your surgery went and how you are doing! Huggs
Mickey

Offline purplestars1881

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 09:52:29 PM »
I hope that your surgery went well and you can get back quickly!
HW
Lateral Release & Torn Meniscus...August 2005

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • OSCAR
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 03:10:12 AM »
Hi,

Hope your surgery was successful Keep us all posted.

Take care,

Laura
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline heymisterpj

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • it's just a flesh wound...
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 04:02:41 PM »
thanks everyone for your support, you were right SPK a lot easier than I had imagined, Mickey, how are you doing? I'm posting in the diary secrion now, as I am officially post-op, Doc says 3 wks non weight bearing cos he found more than we expected!!!Looking at another ACLR before too long, but hey, it's something to look forward to ;D

support