Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: My right knee gives out  (Read 2602 times)

Offline mscopson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
My right knee gives out
« on: September 20, 2005, 05:55:06 PM »
Hello, I have a question.  Recently my right knee just gives up.  This is been happening for about 2 months, I walk and all of the sudden it just leaves me, with no warnings.  When it does this there is like a strange sensation inside, like a crunch, can't really explain, like a movement of parts.  As I put my hand over it and straighten the knee and bring it back I can feel crackles.  Right now there is a slight burning sensation in the knee.  I have not had any injuries in the past, played soccer but do not recall injuries.  Please forgive my explanation of this, but I am not familiar with the correct terms and do not know what is going on with my knee.  Should I worry?  This is happening like once every 4 days or so.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what is happening?  Thanks in advance.   

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: My right knee gives out
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 06:00:05 PM »
Your knee should not be giving out like that.  You need to see an OS preferably one that specializes in knees.  If you need a referal from your GP, go see him ASAP so you can get in to an OS.  If your knee is giving was often, you could do more dammage everytime it goes out.

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline mscopson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 06:05:57 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply.  I'll do as you say right away, what is a OS anyway?  Mike.

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 09:45:15 PM »
Hi Mike,
   Rozzzie is right, you need to see an OS, aka Orthopedic Surgeon.  Meniscus tears in certain locations can cause the knee to buckle, or give out.  Playing soccer with the stopping, twisting, etc could easily tear a meniscus.  Or it could be something entirely different, which is why you should go see an OS.  Best of luck!  Keep us posted.

Take care,
Patty

Offline mscopson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 05:45:22 PM »
Hello and thanks for your help.  I have another question, let's say that it is the meniscus, damaged in different areas, what is done in this case, surgery?  Is it an intense surgery?  Should I worry about my knee at this point?  I have an appointment this coming Monday.  Thanks, Mike. :-[

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 06:13:01 PM »
If you need surgery for meniscus you either can have a repair, if the tear is where there's good bloodsupply, or you can have a meniscectomy, meaning that the surgeon smooths the areas where you have a tear and maybe cut off the damaged piece/pieces. Both are done with scope, means there are only small incisions after. After repair rehab takes longer time, cause you can't use the leg directly because the repair must heal first. After meniscectomy you often can walk out from surgery.
Wish you good luck on monday !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support