Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACI and osteotomy  (Read 1370 times)

Offline millertime

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACI and osteotomy
« on: September 21, 2005, 07:24:27 AM »
Hi, I am 46 year old woman, that is going to have ACI and osteotomy surgery October 5th.  This is my 3rd scheduled date.  Katrina took out my last date of 9/14.  I am concerned about recovery and scaring from the surgery.  Also, how long does the procedure take.

shadehawk

Re: ACI and osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 01:03:54 PM »
Hi,

Will be thinking of you on Oct 5th.

Make sure that you go to the 'Rehab Dept' - 'Post-Op Diary' section and start a diary so we can all read your progress after your surgery.  This really helps other people that might have to go through the same surgical procedure as you in the future.....

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp08024.htm

Good luck,

Shade

Offline Rye5302012

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:21:03 AM »
 ;)
I am a 34 year old momma of two, and had my ACI with the osteotomy on May 30th. they did them at the same time, so if that is what you are facing, it will probably take just as long as mine did. It took about 5 hours once she got in there. I don't know how many transplant sites you are having or their size, I ended up with 7 basically replacing the entire knee carti (fun right?- definite sarcasm there!) and then have two screw keeping my patella in a nice new spot. They placed me on a constant movement machine which I would do for about two hours at a time for about 8 hours total. for two weeks post-op. I found if I went longer than two hours the pain would increase but it really did help my pain if I stayed on it for around 2 hours. I recommend icing a lot lot lot as that helps the pain and swelling and in general makes it feel better.

My scar is just above my knee to about an inch or a bit more above mid shin. I am not the best reference for recovery as I had a couple set backs seeing as my lower screw location (in the hard bone) is not repairing so I am about 17 weeks out now and still n brace and crutches. Most are off them at this point, but my surgeon does not want that lower screw to come out so she is operating in high caution on this. I hope this helps some. Just remember the scar shows you pulled through some tough stuff and hopefully you will not have my issue with bone repair!

Offline Kwal57

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »
I hope everything went well for you. I am possibly looking at the same treatment. Scar cream-- I have used Mederma, and love it. it helps a lot. :)

Let us know how you're hanging in there!!
-K
*Kay*
'Runners' knee > Lateral Release 3/11
Minor Meniscus tear > clip 3/11
Fall on bad knee 1/12
PT 3/12-6/12
MRI > Cartilage missing = Cortisone + PT 5/12
Arthroscopy > cartilage missing, meniscus tear, & misalignment 8/12
TTO/ACI 10/13
Healing....for now :)
instability :/

support