Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: upcoming knee realignment surgery  (Read 1173 times)

Offline MHillman

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
upcoming knee realignment surgery
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:40:13 PM »
I am scheduled for a realignment surgery in 7 weeks.  I was just wondering what info I could get about the surgery and post-op.    I am new to this sight, and from reading on here I can't tell if what I am having is a TTT or Fulkerson's, or is it the same thing?  My OS calls it a realignment.  He is going to fracture the tibia below the kneecap and put screws into it, then he is going to cut the tendons around the inside of the knee cap to bring the knee cap into the middle and on track the way it sould be.  I was born with genetically bad knees, thanks to my dad.  Any info would be helpful.  thanks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 07:52:13 PM by MHillman »

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: upcoming knee realignment surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »
Hi MHillman,
   Welcome to the group, sorry you had to join.  The Fulkerson procedure is one type of TTT.  It sounds like you may be having medial plication as well, not uncommon to do with a TTT.  Here are a couple of sites that can answer some of your questions.  The people in this group are great and there are a number of them that have had the same procedures and are happy to answer questions as well.
http://www.kneehippain.com/patient/pain/surgery.html
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/html/steps/step_05_patella/realignment03.html

Best of luck with your surgery!

Take care,
Patty

Offline MHillman

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 02:19:28 AM »
Thanks Patty,

I hope that being in this group will help me collect as much information as possible before my surgery.  Right now it is scheduled for Nov. 7.  I have an excellent O.S. in Cincinnati, OH.  I just have so many horrible memories from a surgery that I had 7 years ago.  I had the Roux-Gaithwait? her in my home town.  It stabalyzed my knee cap but didn't do a thing for the tracking.  The Dr. in Cincinnati says this surgery has a 70% success rate and that it could buy me l0 years.  I feel I have to try it as much as I wish I didn't.  And as soon as that knee is able to carry the load I need to have the other one done also.  Thanks for your response. 

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 03:29:35 AM »
Hi MHillman,

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your upcoming surgery. There are many people who have had very successful TTTs on this site. Be sure to check out the post-op diaries!

Good luck again!

~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

support